MasterCard Senior Managing Consultant, Data & Services, Government in London, United Kingdom
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Managing Consultant, Data & Services, Government
MasterCard Data & Services, the professional services arm of MasterCard, provides payments-focused consulting, marketing, platforms, information, loyalty and risk management services to financial institutions, retailers and government worldwide. The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business Test & Learn experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and passionate sales leader. Expertise in consulting business development and possession of deep knowledge of the Government and Public Services sector is a must. Demonstrated experience in delivery and engagement management is key, along with the skills to exercise leadership across the broader Mastercard organization.
The role can be based in any major city across Europe.
All About The Role:
Lead the regional Government Sales for Data & Services with responsibility for sales, in-year-revenue, and profitability. This includes new sales, maximizing value of each relationship, driving recurrent revenue and platform solutions, ensuring high net customer expansion through renewals and cross-sell, and optimizing the mix of solutions sold
• Develop government strategy for the local D&S business for the next 3-5 years including identifying future revenue streams
• Be a thought-leader for Mastercard when representing D&S solutions in the region
• Partner with the regional and divisional Leadership team of Mastercard to develop a plan for D&S and beyond to support their strategic imperatives and execute against same
• Take a lead role in winning major MasterCard deal bids, rfps and cross-selling MasterCard value-added services (within and beyond D&S)
• Build peer relationships and become trusted advisor with senior/executive level government institutions in region, capturing implicit needs in addition to articulated requests and identifying the most critical aspects of the problem
• Build and lead a senior, high performing, motivated and diverse team that cuts across all of the D&S business lines and value propositions
All About You
• Ability to quickly generate a deep understanding of the suite of Mastercard Data & Services value propositions for the both Government and Public Services with thoughtful approach to building and executing appropriate go to market strategies
• Excellent people leadership skills, with both direct and indirect teams, with the ability to lead and inspire from the front through a combination of compelling communication and clear actions
• Ideally Consultancy background from either Top-Tier Strategy Houses or Management Consultancy Firms.
• Strong commercial drive with ability to build and monetize senior client relationships based on empathy, thought leadership and subject matter expertise
• Strong business development and sales background with focus on driving long-term client relationships and within the government sector, preferably consulting background
• Exhibits leadership courage; challenges poor decisions and stands up for the purpose and principles of good business
• Thoughtful decision-maker with a bias toward action and ability to handle ambiguity
• Strong networker across relevant stakeholder base with the ability to listen, build common ground and influence in order to effectively advance the strategy and generate revenues
Key Words: Engagement Manager, Project Lead, Business Development, Senior Associate, Director, Public Services, Government, Tourism, Transportation.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-76894