MasterCard Senior Managing Consultant, Acquiring and Processing, Subject Matter Expert in London, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Managing Consultant, Acquiring and Processing, Subject Matter Expert
Senior Managing Consultant, Digital Subject Matter Expert (SME), Advisors Delivery, Data & Services
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, test-and-learn business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services. While specializing in the payments industry, Mastercard Data & Services also works closely with major retailers, airlines, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond its network.
Make an Impact as a Senior Managing Consultant and Acquiring Subject Matter Expert
As a Senior Managing Consultant and Acquiring subject matter expert, you will be a trusted client business advisor, and scope, lead and advise on acquiring focused client engagements. As the subject matter expert, you will partner with the Business Development team to develop and pitch engagements that can leverage Mastercard data and consulting knowledge in Acquiring. You will also be a resource for enabling centralized training and knowledge management and will lead engagement teams to best in class insights and project deliverables. Leading the work of the Project Delivery team, you will provide subject matter and industry expertise, be a resource to others to identify creative and efficient solutions, and guide the team to business-focused solutions and recommendations that drive client value. Responsibilities within project management will include owning mid- to senior-level client relationships and proactively engaging in the client agenda, internal culture, and relationship risks.
Bring your Passion and Expertise
We recruit for and value the following core competencies:
• Passion: Actively seeks responsibility and takes pride in guiding project teams towards delivering the highest quality results and recommendations to our clients.
• Subject Matter Expertise: go-to person for Acquiring, assisting with specialist sales support, demonstrating consulting capabilities in the acquiring space towards prospects, clients and within the organization; support product development/refinement , focused on knowledge sharing and development of team members.
• Problem Solving: Leads teams to identify the most critical aspects of a problem, and guides the team to business-focused solutions and recommendations that drive client value. Initiates changes to project direction where required and able to decide and act without the total picture.
• Analytic Excellence: Demonstrates a strong aptitude for structured problem solving and quantitative skills, and leads team to effective and efficient technical capability usage regardless of context.
• Project Management: Clear interest in project delivery with business clients and intuition for the way that companies make decisions and how digital helps address clients’ problems.
• Client Management: Inspire client confidence through client recognition of specialization, timely and reliable execution, and develop stakeholder management plans to align priorities and address support and resistance.
• Communication and Presence: Leads composition of complete deliverables and other written communication, and demonstrates an ability to communicate verbally in a wide range of complex scenarios and up to senior management levels.
• Teamwork: Motivates medium size teams or key workstreams on large engagements to produce superior quality deliverables while creating an open collaboration environment for all levels, with a will to win attitude. As the subject matter expert on project teams, provide on-the-job training on how to more effectively execute digital projects.
• Commercial Orientation: Ability to identify significant opportunities to leverage digital, including identification of cross-selling opportunities beyond direct project work, and partner with broader Data & Services teammates on contracting activities, leveraging the knowledge of Data & Services capabilities and how they fit together to create relevant solutions for clients.
• Leadership: Instill a sense of urgency, ownership, and empowerment, and thoughtful risk-taking into leaders at all levels. Structures work, so it aligns with team members’ goals and motivators.
• Integrity: Models Mastercard's values of honesty and integrity. Follows through on commitments and makes others do the same.
• Diverse Perspective: Brings a unique skill set or approach to the table in every client engagement or internal activity.
• Undergraduate or master’s degree
• Experience in the acquiring business, at one or ideally more players within the acquiring ecosystem, such as acquirer, acquiring transaction processor, payment service provider, payment facilitator, acquiring ISO or in a payments role at a large merchant or other acquiring related business.
• Knowledge of acquiring products, value chain and ecosystem, in both face to face (card present) and online or remote (card not present) environments
• Additional relevant experience in adjacent areas can be a plus
• Experience in a consulting organization as a consultant is a bonus
• Experience directly managing multiple people across multiple projects
• Experience as a mentor
• Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills and the ability to structure analyses to form data-driven solutions to ambiguous client challenges
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s)
• Demonstrated ability to own and develop relationships with both mid- and executive-level client contacts and inspire confidence in Mastercard Advisors as a sought-after partner
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, and balance thought with action while getting the most out of limited resources
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of which they are applying for a position, as well as eligible to apply for travel visas as required by travel needs
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-180389