MasterCard Senior Java Developer in London, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Java Developer
The UK Engineering team within VocaLink Mastercard are looking for an experienced Senior Java Software Engineer to help build the next generation of our market-leading payment products.
Ideal candidates will have significant expertise in development of robust Java/JEE applications. This is a senior role and the candidate will be expected to display a high level of technical knowledge and leadership as well as being an excellent hands-on developer.
You will have:
Extensive experience of end to end Java application development in an Agile Scrum environment, but also be comfortable working with a Waterfall methodology.
Be able to understand user stories and requirements, lead solution designs, and translate these into coded features or solutions that are simple, functional, scalable, and maintainable.
Demonstrated a flexible approach to the role, able to demonstrate or develop skills in front-end and back-end development, functional and non-functional testing (including test automation) and systems analysis as required.
Sole responsibility for delivery of features or working as part of a team. You will be comfortable leading small teams in delivering software to tight time targets.
• Design and development of distributed, high performance, high-availability, message-based Java applications (with good knowledge of a Message Oriented Middleware (MOM) technology such as JMS) and an expert appreciation of the architectural and design principles governing these systems
• Technical team leadership with excellent communication skills – a proven capability in leading a team to deliver value for internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent knowledge and expertise in use of Core Java SE and Java EE (JEE) technologies.
• Excellent knowledge and expertise in use of Spring framework, including Spring Core, Spring Security, Spring-Boot and Spring MVC.
• Excellent knowledge and expertise in designing, executing and analysing results of functional and non-functional test cases, including system performance tests. Experience in design and development of Test Automation frameworks.
• Knowledge and expertise in use of RDBMS technologies including PL/SQL, and hands-on experience of working with Hibernate/JPA, JDBC etc.
• Knowledge of OO, Enterprise Design Patterns and Enterprise Integration Patterns.
• Good knowledge and expertise in use of Web-services based on SOAP / REST, and a good appreciation of RESTful Design Principles and RESTful APIs (including how to make them secure).
• Knowledge and expertise in use of XML based technologies (JAXB, SAX, DOM, STAX etc.)
• Expertise in use of JEE compliant servers (e.g. Weblogic, Apache Tomcat, etc.)
• Strong Agile Scrum experience, including TDD/BDD expertise and xUnit skills.
• Experience of working with Maven & Git
• Experience of working with JMeter, HP Loadrunner.
• Extensive experience of working with Continuous Integration and Delivery practices and toolsets e.g. Jenkins, Sonar, Nexus and general Application Lifecycle Management tools such as JIRA. Good experience of using static analysis tools to assess and drive quality in code.
• Understanding of data structures and algorithms
• Some experience of using Camel EIP framework.
• Good knowledge of multithreading and caching approaches, including the use of JCS.
• Knowledge of scripting languages such as Perl, Python.
• Database schema design and query optimization for RDBMS’s
• Experience with Oracle AQ
• Experience with Selenium WebDriver
• Knowledge of deployment automation tools such as Ansible
• Degree or equivalent qualification in a Computer Science related subject
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-125795