MasterCard Senior Full Stack Engineer P31208 in London, United Kingdom
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Full Stack Engineer P31208
Main Purpose of role
Vocalink is in the process of transforming to an Agile culture which is bringing about a reorganisation of the software engineering teams. In concert, we are building upon our industry leading knowledge to develop our Next Gen platforms.
The Developer is responsible for working within a product focussed Engineering Group to delivery our NextGen solutions. You will be focussed on:
● Architecting, design and implementation of the solution
● Writing maintainable, clean code
● Working with the UX, BA and the Product owner on shaping up the product feature set
● Customer focussed delivery
You are friendly and approachable with a love for the craft of software development. You have a desire to continually improve your own skills and the ability to transfer those skills to others and, of course, you love seeing your software in production.
At Vocalink we deliver products and services that are market leading and we can only do this because of our people. The Senior Full Stack Engineer will be part of a team accountable for delivering our products and services successfully in order to maintain our market leading position.
Key accountabilities and duties
Clearly identify the key accountabilities and duties associated with this role.
● Support the business in the successful delivery of change, agility and continuous improvement
● Meet the business/customer requirements and be in accordance with defined quality, coding standards and architectural principles.
● Ensure delivery of solutions to the highest quality
● Assessment, selection and adoption of key technologies to drive software development and deliver efficiency
● Foster a collaborative culture within the delivery team
● Work within the team to foster a culture of collaboration, high performance and rapid delivery
● To carry out any other task associated with the role as reasonably requested
● To drive towards a self-learning organisation
● To build continuous improvement into our ways of working
● To make extensive use of automation (as appropriate) – not limited to test automation.
Knowledge and expertise (technical / role specific)
Experience delivering solutions within an agile model and scaled agile approaches Expertise in Jenkins, Gitlab pipelines or another build pipeline technology
Strong mentoring skills, encourage and grow developers in their craft Experience working with end customer technical representatives
Previous experience in developing high performing systems with a track record of successful delivery
Successfully history of delivery cloud based solutions
Expertise in Test Driven Development
Successful history of delivering in a Continuous Delivery environment
Triage and debug of production issues
Knowledge of current software architecture trends and practices
The typical competencies we look for at Vocalink include:
● Commercial awareness
● Career motivation
● Decision making
● Results orientation
● Problem Solving
● Worked with or built in modern technology
● Continuous integration/delivery
● Automated test at unit and acceptance test level
● Cloud based technologies
● Delivery focused in required time frames
● Delivered shippable product after every sprint
● Understand end to end tool chain and how that underpins speed
● Spring Boot
● A basic understanding of how applications are deployed and are run in different environments
● Some experience with the microservices ecosystem
● Command line interface experience (eg: knows how to ssh) ● Testing with Selenium (or any other web driver)
● Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or Helm
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-92199