MasterCard Senior Front-End Engineer in London, United Kingdom
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Front-End Engineer
About the role
Vocalink is in the process of transforming to an Agile culture which is bringing about a reorganisation of the
software engineering teams. In concert, we are building upon our industry leading knowledge to develop our
Next Gen platforms.
The Developer is responsible for working within a product focussed Engineering Group to delivery our NextGen solutions. You will be focussed on:
• Architecting, design and implementation of the solution
• Writing maintainable, clean code
• Working with the UX, BA and the Product owner on shaping up the product feature set
• Customer focussed delivery
You are friendly and approachable with a love for the craft of software development. You have a desire to
continually improve your own skills and the ability to transfer those skills to others and, of course, you love
seeing your software in production.
At Vocalink we deliver products and services that are market leading and we can only do this because of our people.
• Support the business in the successful delivery of change, agility and continuous improvement
• Meet the business/customer requirements and be in accordance with defined quality, coding standards and architectural principles.
• Ensure delivery of solutions to the highest quality
• Assessment, selection and adoption of key technologies to drive software development and deliver efficiency
• Foster a collaborative culture within the delivery team
• Work within the team to foster a culture of collaboration, high performance and rapid delivery
• To carry out any other task associated with the role as reasonably requested
• To drive towards a self-learning organisation
• To build continuous improvement into our ways of working
• To make extensive use of automation (as appropriate) – not limited to test automation.
All About you
• Experience delivering solutions within an agile model and scaled agile approaches
• Mentoring skills, encourage and grow developers in their craft
• Previous experience in developing high performing systems with a track record of successful delivery
• Expertise in Test Driven Development
• Successful history of delivering in a Continuous Delivery environment
• Triage and debug of production issues
• Knowledge of current software architecture trends and practices
• Worked with or built in modern technology
• Continuous integration/delivery
• Automated test at unit and acceptance test level
• Cloud based technologies
• Delivery focused in required time frames
• Delivered shippable product after every sprint
• Understand end to end tool chain and how that underpins speed
• Authentication/authorisation mechanisms
• A basic understanding of how applications are deployed and are run in different environments
• Command line interface experience (eg: knows how to ssh)
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-92197