MasterCard Senior Data Engineer, Technical Implementation in London, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Data Engineer, Technical Implementation
Senior Data Engineer, Technical Implementation
Technical Implementation is part of the Mastercard Data & Services (D&S) Technology group and one of its fastest-growing organizations. D&S provides cloud-based analytic software platforms that enable large, consumer-focused businesses to seize Big Data analytics opportunities by triangulating between business strategy, algorithmic math, and large databases to improve decisions.
100s of the largest corporations in the world use these products. Test & Learn™ for Sites, Test & Learn™ for Customers, Mastercard Intelligence Center, and other similar products employ patented algorithms and workflow to design business experiences and interpret real-world data that evaluate, target, and refine business programs.
Technical Implementation is a core component to these services, managing the data acquisition, integration, and transformation of client provided data within the Test & Learn and other platforms for global engagements.
The Senior Data Engineer will lead and participate in data management aspects of client engagements to deliver Test & Learn solutions, as well as contribute to and foster a high-performance collaborative workplace. A Senior Data Engineer will:
• Independently lead projects through design, implementation, automation, and maintenance of large scale enterprise ETL processes for a global client base
• Act as an expert technical resource within the team and region
• Deliver on-time, accurate, high-value, and robust data solutions across multiple clients, solutions, and industry sectors
• Build trust-based working relationships with peers and clients across local and global teams
• Implement best practices and collaborate in the design of effective streamlined processes for a complex global solutions group
• Leverage industry best practices including proper use of source control, participation in code reviews, data validation, and testing
• Play a lead role and oversee the activities of Data Engineers and ensure the efficient execution of their work
• Act as a mentor and help in managing careers for junior team members
• Comply and uphold all Mastercard internal policies and external regulations
All about you:
• BSc/BEng in a quantitative field (e.g., Computer Science, Statistics, Econometrics, Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research). MSc/MEng preferred
• Excellent English quantitative, technical, and communication (oral/written) skills; an excellent listener
• Expertise with hands-on experience with RDMS technologies, preferably with Microsoft SQL Server, the SSIS Stack and .Net; Familiarity with at least one scripting language (VB Script, Perl, Python)
• Proven self-motivated leader with experience working in teams
• Demonstrated excellent skills in the ability to innovate, think critically and disaggregate problems. Able to provide oversight, validation, and quality control to own work product
• Demonstrated skills in managing projects, people, and tasks across multiple geographies and business units
• Able to easily move between business, data management, and technical teams; able to quickly intuit the business use case and identify technical solutions to enable it
• Able to balance multiple projects and differing project priorities
• Flexible to work with global offices across several time zones
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-148850