MasterCard Senior BCM Analyst in London, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior BCM Analyst
Senior BCM Analyst
Reports to the Director - Vocalink Enterprise Resilience as a member of the Group’s Enterprise Resilience function providing focused support for Vocalink Ltd, a Mastercard company.
Responsible for providing the support required to maintain the Vocalink Ltd Crisis Management, Business Continuity Management (BCM), Technical Recovery and Operational Resilience (ORF) programmes. This includes maintaining documentation, education and awareness for the Crisis Management teams, Departmental Business Continuity Representatives (BC reps), Technical Recovery (TR) Governance and Operational Resilience stakeholders.
Ensure continued ISO22301 certification for Vocalink Ltd through execution of its BCMS and Business Continuity Policy with an emphasis on continuous improvement
• Support the Director - Vocalink Enterprise Resilience & Crisis Management Team to comply with contractual, regulatory and relevant Policy requirements
• Maintain documentation, processes and evidence to support continued certification to ISO22301, ISO27001 and compliance with ISAE3000
• Build key business relationships and become a trusted partner to further embed a business continuity and operational resilience culture
• Engage with the BC reps, TR and ORF Stakeholders and business management to maintain, enhance and embed BC, TR and ORF Governance within the organisation
• Maintain, monitor and suggest improvements to the BC Toolset. Using the BC Toolset to support, challenge and report on: planning review cycles, testing recovery time objectives, key activities, suppliers and timelines for all Vocalink Business Continuity Plans
• Manage staff contact data in the emergency notification toolset
• Organise and participate in the periodic BC Community meetings
• Co-ordinate, support, train and assess competent BC and TR Reps
• Demonstrate that Vocalink has a robust capability by helping to exercise, test and measure the business continuity framework, by monitoring the exercises performed across the business and providing oversight when required
• Execute on Crisis Management and notification tool responsibilities during real crises and internal/stakeholder simulations (participate in 24/7/365 on-call rota)
• Support TR exercise and documentation coordination for Vocalink Ltd and its strategic partners
• Support responses to regulator and customer/bid requests and audits
• Support BC and TR Third Party Risk Management accountabilities
• Contribute to the improvement of the wider Security Team through knowledge share and participation in team activities
• Be an active advocate for CM, BC, TR and ORF throughout Vocalink and to all external parties
• Participate in internal and external resilience and security related committees and forums
• Generate the BC, TR and ORF metrics using the tools and measures provided
• General diary management, administration, minute taking
• Provide ad hoc support for Group BC programme projects
Good organisational and diary management skills Demonstrable experience or a level of understanding in:
• Business Continuity and Service Continuity (sometimes called Disaster or IT Recovery). Able to develop and implement new ways of working, appropriately adapting and improving current practice.
Proven Microsoft Office Suite skills (Excel, Word, Project, Power Point, Visio, Outlook)
Consistently display positive, professional and approachable behaviours – displaying the company behaviours.
• Excellent communication skills - uses all relevant channels and resources to communicate effectively and proactively
• Able to work with minimal supervision, although training and guidance will be given
• Team working – ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of people. Work co-operatively with others as part of a team
• Demonstrate strong disciplines with regard to accuracy and quality of output
• Flexibility to travel when required: Bedfordshire monthly and other UK Vocalink offices on a quarterly basis. May also be required to travel internationally
• Experience of a Business Continuity or Document Management software product
• CBCI, MBCI or equivalent resilience related accreditation
• Experience of working in regulated environments
• Knowledge of Business Continuity or ISO related standards
• Knowledge of Operational Resilience concepts
• Project Management or Project Support experience
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-166881