MasterCard Security Architect in London, United Kingdom
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
This role will work with groups across Vocalink, including engineering, operations, development and architecture, to ensure that security is deeply embedded into the design, operation and maintenance of new and existing systems across the organisation. This includes ensuring that existing standards are followed, applicable controls are suitably selected and applied, and that a model of continual improvement is implemented across the architectural processes.
The role will be expected to engage with key computing initiatives, such as the creation of new payment systems, cloud adoption, etc bringing awareness, experience and insight to support Vocalink’s development within a highly regulated environment.
• Working with projects to plan, research and design secure, robust, well documented solutions that meet our business requirements and customer expectations
• Identifying and consulting on technical and process risk issues to drive down risk and achieve compliance with stated standards
• Consult and advise stakeholders as appropriate on information security and control matters, proactively highlighting areas requiring management attention or action
• Create suitable security test plans to assure design and implementation
• Prepare cost estimates and identify integration issues
• Look for opportunities to embed security knowledge into application owners, developers and delivery teams
• Communicate, develop and safeguard the standards used to drive security into projects, ensuring these meet the compliance and control requirements
• Assess new products and tools for security risks, consulting on the selection and implementation of these tools
• Provide thought leadership in aspects of IT control selection relating to security and data privacy; drive innovation and improvement across all aspects of data security
• Stay aware of market research and tools, to help develop new technology that will or could improve the security posture and governance in Vocalink
• Engage with Vendors and external interest groups to determine future direction.
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent
• Security certifications are preferred such as CISSP, CISSP-ISSAP, CEH, etc
• Cloud experience and certification preferred
• Experience and/or certification of security architectural models, such as SABSA and TOGAF, preferred
• Several years of practical hands-on experience in security architecture and system design
• Experience in financial services, critical national infrastructure, safety critical systems and/or heavily regulated environments
• Broad experience of information security topics and domains, such as cloud security, agile development models, application security, DevSecOps etc
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in operating within an enterprise security architecture function, including creating design patterns and reference architectures across multiple security services; working within architectural frameworks and workflows; maintaining design, risk and control documentation etc.
Practical experience in some of following areas
• Cloud implementations
• Application security
• ISO 27001
• PCI DSS
• PSD II/SCA
• Technical risk analysis assessment and remediation
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-90302