MasterCard Release Manager in London, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead the Environment and Release Services area of the business held within the Consumer Applications Service Operations team to deliver an outstanding level of control and support across all of the Upper environments whilst working closely alongside our Infrastructure provider.
The role requires the holder to manage the delivery of the Environment and Release Management through all stages of the development life cycle. It will include liaison with other technical areas such as Architecture Design, Networks, Storage and Platform teams. The role will also require close working relationships with Development, Testing and Service Delivery Authorities.
Ideally any prospective candidate should have at a minimum 2 years in depth Release Management experience
The role of the Release Manager will deliver:
• Review release deployment dates with Project and Infrastructure.
• Understand the release requirements based on the Project plans.
• Maintain the Deployment Release Calendar.
• Align resources for deployments with Infrastructure.
• Lead and coordinate the release deployments into upper-test and production environments.
• Work with Developers and Application Management with CI:CD Pipeline and apply RM wrapper.
• Version control of deployments.
• Own the Controlled Release Repository for deployments.
• Attend Project meetings for planning deployments.
• Run Pre-production deployments Quality Gates, Implementation Walkthrough and technical PIRs
• Run Production deployments Quality Gates, Implementation Walkthrough and technical PIRs
• Report on and track deployment issues.
• Work with Project and Line Manager on any improvements and efficiencies to process.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-120340