MasterCard Principal Security Monitoring and Response Analyst in London, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Principal Security Monitoring and Response Analyst
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Principal Security Monitoring and Response Analyst will conduct cyber resilience testing for Vocalink. This will comprise the creation, operation and continuous improvement of Security testing capabilities. Using specialist tools and techniques, the role is a critical component of an effective cyber risk management capability. The role will work closely with the Mastercard Global SOC evolving security testing (red teaming) capabilities, the Principal Security Monitoring and Response Analyst will also be take part in cyber incident response activity and contribute to cyber intelligence briefing updates as required.
Vocalink will have confidence that their SOC will be able to identify, contain and respond to developing and material cyber threats to infrastructure and services provided by the business. Vocalink will also be able to demonstrate, through testing and documented outcomes they maintain a high capability to maintain effective cyber resilience capabilities as defined by regulators..
• Create cyber security testing scenarios including penetration tests
• Partner with Mastercard Global SOC to help build complementary services that leverage the scale and capabilities of Mastercard while delivering a line-of-business function;
• Assist with performing regular testing of SOC capabilities to provide assurance that supporting policies, processes and procedures will be effective in the event of a security incident;
• Liaise with third-parties to ensure that their service delivery capabilities meet the requirements of the testing function;
• Participate in regular security incident process tests;
• Participate in regular security alerting process tests;
• Assist with the production of timely, accurate and actionable updates to support security leadership and stakeholder communications;
• Participate in activity to ensure the effective operation and development of appropriate tooling is maintained
• Previous experience of Red Team testing within a Regulated Financial Services business.
• Experience liaising with and informing team members using written and visual collateral;
• Experience presenting complex data visualisation presentations that demonstrate the effectiveness of security enforcing technologies;
• Conducting goal setting and performance appraisal processes, identifying and coaching talent within own team
• Knowledge of global security and reporting standards such as NIST, IOSCO, ISO and MITRE
Role Specific Experience
• Delivery mind-set supported by ability to execute in a complex technical environment without impairing production services
• Experience collaborating cross-functionally to identify and implement best practice testing processes
• Experience motivating colleagues through evidenced testing outcomes
• Experience delivering presentations and engaging with leadership
• Demonstrated success building relationships and delivering results
• Experience identifying capability gaps and successfully bring remedies to bear
• Working to coach and build skills within team
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-119941