MasterCard Network Specialist in London, United Kingdom
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
• Provide 1st & 2nd line Run Services and consultancy to the business.
• Take personal ownership and accountability for all network related issues throughout the various stages of the Service Delivery Life Cycle
• Ideally the candidate will have industry recognised accreditation commensurate with status in role i.e. CCNP minimum (essential).
• Must have an in-depth working knowledge of the following protocols – RIP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, STP, PVST, RPVST, HSRP.
• Strong firewall skills across Cisco and Palo Alto product sets are essential
• NEXUS switching skills highly desirable
• F5 load-balancer skills essential
• Must have a practical working knowledge of the following protocols and technologies – MPLS, DWDM,VPN, TCP/IP, SSL,
• Define and / or follow internal and external Build and Run procedures in line with business or technology requirement
• Actively demonstrate a flexible approach to all new requirements
• Form an integral part of the Network Services supply chain and work in a cohesive manner with other supply chain elements to deliver against business need
• Must be able to prioritise workloads and manage customer expectations
• Must be able to work individually or within a team to ensure that Internal / External SLA’s and Project Deliverables are met
• Must be familiar with using the following network Management tools (or equivalent):
o HP Network Node Manager & HP NA
• Willingness to Perform 2nd / 3rd line on-call support on a rota basis.
• Must be fully committed to the Network Services ethos of Continuous Process Improvement and a One-Team supply chain
• Must be willing to work weekends and unsociable hours if required, often at short notice.
• Must be able to produce quality documentation and diagrams using MS Office and MS Visio.
• Must be able to adhere to strict change management policies and procedures.
• A Financial or Banking background would be beneficial.
• Above all, must have the willingness to develop new skills and take on new challenges.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-99415