MasterCard Manager - Sourcing and Supplier Management in London, United Kingdom
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Manager - Sourcing and Supplier Management
Manager, Sourcing & Supplier Management – IC
Job Description Summary
Sourcing and Supplier Manager is responsible for handling Mastercard’s end to end sourcing and supplier operations within an assigned region or business function. Focusing on specific categories that require regional support or specific localization efforts. The role holder should be able to improve sourcing activities by recognizing potential efficiencies in their regional processes, as well as analyzing Mastercard’s spend, managing supplier relationships, and negotiating opportunities within the region.
This role sits within the EMEA regional team. We support all business functions, across all categories of spend, driving value in all we do by:
• Partnering with business units and key stakeholders, acting as trusted advisor building a solid understanding of business priorities and goals.
• Actively develop high-impact sourcing projects, working with finance and business owners.
• Creating value and commercial opportunities across the supply chain
• Incorporate an enterprise wide view of the supply chain with increased leverage.
• Educate and guide the business on best practice and policy to ensure compliance is maintained
A trusted advisor on all sourcing and supplier management activities. Partnering with the business, and cross functional teams, executing strong commercial deals.
Ownership of gathering business requirements, building a pipeline of demand and opportunities, running RFI’s, RFP’s demonstrating fair value analysis.
Manages supply portfolio to ensure consistent supplier performance and drives supplier development
Researches and anticipates shifts in the supply base and industry, understanding the appropriate time to involve business owners/supplier relationship owners.
Partners with the Third Party Risk Management team to understand and mitigate risk across the supply base
Challenges and seeks alternative solutions to drive improvement through new supplier engagement and incumbent.
Drive a one team ethos across the sourcing organization and wider global supply chain function, building excellent relationships with category management and center of excellence.
ALL ABOUT YOU
• A successful sourcing professional, with extensive experience in strategic sourcing and deep understanding of category management. Level 1 categories and Level 2+ commodities.
• Strong negotiator with the ability to drive commercial, cost and operational efficiencies.
• Analytical mindset, turn data into meaningful information to support recommendations and decision making.
• Extensive relationship management experience, internal and external, including supplier performance management and supplier development. Experience interacting and communicating with executives, using influence skills.
• Strong project management skills
• Solid judgement with ability to make good decisions
• Customer focused outlook
• Results oriented with sound decision making ability
• Ability to work independently but also a strong team player
• Politically savvy
• Successfully develops a baseline understanding of MasterCard products
• This role will initially support a business unit where Technology and Product is the primary cost driver. It is essential that the role holder has 5 year + experience in Technology sourcing; hardware, software and technical services.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-90771