MasterCard Manager, Product Management in London, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Product Management
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The NPP Product Management team is looking for a Product Manager to drive our Data Feed Manager product development strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an strategic mindset. They will be primarily responsible for the development, delivery and management of Data Feed Manager which are part of the Realtime Payments Infrastructure suite.
• Maintain and manage product roadmap, ensuring feature prioritisation, product release planning and alignment with strategic objectives
• Product management, including updating product documentation, monitoring budget and working closely with Product Owner on updates and reporting
• Conceptualise solutions and features to meet customer needs, using feedback from and collaborating with customer facing teams
• Create business requirements to support product development and take it through the elaborations with internal and external stakeholders as required
• Help develop and maintain strategic product plans, including analysis of revenue opportunities, costs and risks
• Analyze market trends, dynamics, and competition in order to inform product and go-to-market strategies
• Provide support to sales and customer facing teams with communication and training on product functionality and roadmaps
• Involvement in idea generation for enhancements to our products, including concept validation, business case development and planning
• Effective engagement and relationship building with business partners across the Mastercard NPP organisation, e.g. Sales, Solutions Delivery, Service management, Legal & Regulatory, Risk and Finance
All About You
The ideal candidate for this position should:
• Have been part of a cross-functional team and managed elements of a cross-functional project with demonstrated success building relationships and delivering results with global, multi-cultural and remote teams
• Have experience of interaction with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, through participation in meetings, workshops and events, and be a strong, confident writer and speaker, able to communicate vision and roadmap effectively to a wide variety of stakeholders
• Have financial and business acumen
• Be customer focused, constantly keeping customer needs front of mind when conceptualizing product features
• Work collaboratively to solve problems, be proactive and be able to simplify complex information for effective communication
In addition, desirable experience is:
• Experience in the payments industry
• Experience of involvement in developing product roadmaps, strategies and budget processes
• Proactivity in seeking to challenge and improve processes with proven success
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-144593