MasterCard Manager, Product Management in London, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Product Management
The Mastercard Payment Gateway Services (MPGS) Value Proposition team is part of a global product management function at the centre of payments innovation delivering leading customer experiences through our connected payment gateway. As part of this remit, the team is responsible for defining the strategy and executing the delivery of market-leading payment gateway products & value-added services to our acquirers and merchants on a global basis.
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
The Product Manager will support the MPGS Value Proposition team in evolving a portfolio of Alternate Payment Method providers across our global value chain. The successful candidate will work closely with our Global Product Directors and regional leads to determine market needs and roll out suitable products and solutions that will enrich our local payment offerings across key markets.
The position will be responsible for the ongoing management and enhancements of our Alternate Payment Method products either directly or through working with Partners.
Product Managers in Mastercard Gateway Payment Services
• Translate a deep understanding of our customers into products and solutions that drive significant customer value.
• Balance the long-term direction of a product with today’s needs and constraints by fully understanding the technical, competitive, and commercial contexts of our products.
• Act as connectors to ensure the commercial success of our products by working with Sales and Marketing while ensuring technical success through close partnership with Technology teams.
• Drive globally-relevant solutions by understanding regional needs and trade-offs, and build scalable products that serve an array of customer segments.
• Set product direction with coordination, not isolation—taking into account how our products all work together to serve customer needs
• Supports the development of new products or initiatives in anticipation of or response to customer needs, market trends, and competitive opportunities.
•Shape and define the product strategy, ownership of the roadmap and the prioritisation of new product developments.
• Performs analysis of new technologies and applications in the payments industry;
• Performs benchmarking analysis for MPGS product features and performance
• Working with internal product development managers to develop use cases /user stories, identifying and documenting business and technical requirements to help inform development needs.
• Works closely with the regional product & sales teams to identify and consolidate new product development needs and to drive the product roadmap.
• Provides support to sales and customer=facing teams with communication and training on product functionality and enhancements.
• Works with existing partners and identifies new partners to deliver the MPGS strategy and product roadmap.
• Supports the broader Product Management Directors in the Product team, as required.
• Product management knowledge, with demonstrable experience of working on product and proposition launches in multiple markets.
• Good understanding of how payments work and ideally in the payments gateway business.
• Keen interest in the changing payments landscape, new technologies with a focus on user experience.
• Strong communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to build credibility with key stakeholders across multiple levels.
• Ability to build strong relationship skills with partners and service providers.
• Experience creating and delivering presentations and communications for various audiences.
• Detail oriented and able to keep cross-functional projects moving against deadlines.
• Bachelor's degree required.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-131008