MasterCard Manager, Product Management in London, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Product Management
Product Manager, Account-to-Account Payments
• Reporting to the Vice President, Product Management, the role of Product Manager, Account-to-Account Payments is primarily focused on identifying, proposing and delivering commercial / revenue generative change requests on the Bacs and Faster Payment services, and to responding to customer requests for change.
• The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing product enhancement and development on the Bacs and Faster Payment services which form the backbone of the UK’s economy and in 2022 will process over 10bn payments.
• As part of this, the product manager will define and oversee an £m portfolio of revenue-generative changes to the services, working to understand and predict customer and end user needs.
•The Product Manager will provide key input to product roadmaps, working closely with the Product Directors who are accountable for overall product strategy and P&L management.
• Within this the Product Manager will support budgeting and P&L management by Product Directors.
• Take a data-driven approach to product enhancements, identifying opportunity areas and contributing to the Product roadmap, prioritizing work to deliver against key areas of focus.
• Understand Vocalink business model and take key financial or commercial factors into consideration to positively influence revenue delivery and cost efficiency.
• Incorporate and understanding of the broader payments ecosystem into ongoing product management (e.g. regulatory, legal, technology, competitive, technology environment etc.)
• Develop and leverage working knowledge of Mastercard business, systems, products and customer requirements in making fact-based business and product decisions.
• Work closely with teams from across the business such as Delivery, Software Engineering and Operations to surface any barriers or obstacles to delivering capabilities on time and budget.
• Identify and proactively communicate issues and proposed solutions to senior management.
• Participate in cross-functional teams (e.g. Product, Business Analysis, Software Engineering) in the development of business requirements to meet customer needs.
• Ensure work is correctly documented and a strong commercial control and audit trail is in place.
• Demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning by leveraging the learning & development curriculum to augment existing knowledge, skills and experiences.
• Demonstrate and drive Mastercard Way behaviours through their behaviour, (e.g. customer and stakeholder interactions).
Experience / skills needed:
• Understanding of how to identify and develop product enhancements
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to secure buy-in from leadership and customers for new ideas
• Proven ability to manage and balance multiple priorities
• Experience independently developing and managing budgets and estimates
• Able to demonstrate understanding of the UK payments and associated customer use cases
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-172342