MasterCard Manager, Product Development - Network Products in London, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Product Development - Network Products
Be the force behind Mastercard next generation switch as Manager, Product Development to drive the changes and bring in new opportunities.
This role is Within P&E, the Network Products team oversees Mastercard’s Next Gen Network initiatives (Transaction Switching).
• Demonstrate end-to-end ownership and partner with Product Management and Engineering teams to design, develop and deliver scalable products for commercialization, ensuring the build effort concludes on time and budget, enabling a go-to-market plan focused on ease of delivery and great customer experience.
• Collaborates with cross-functional stakeholders in Legal, Data Privacy, Delivery, Finance, Marketing, Sales, etc. to ensure that the new Product has a robust go-to-market plan focused on speed to market and ease of delivery
• Partner with Servicing teams (e.g CTS, Biz Ops) to ensure that the new Product has a robust E2E servicing plan that enables a great end user and customer experience
• Ensure the integrity and consistency of the delivery of the vision across all products: capabilities, scalability, performance, speed-to-market, readiness for growth, re-usability.
• Detail the epics, participate to the definition of the flows and interfaces for the product, perform joint solution design with Engineering teams, structure the roadmap and propose phasing of the delivery, prioritize the backlog, define the acceptance criteria, accept the features.
• Produce the artifacts needed by our internal customers with consistency, quality and care: sequence diagrams, capability training decks for product management, DevZone API articles, content to be inserted in product guide, …
• Lead by example with hands-on approaches to demonstrate product management excellence and share best practices
• Apply logic, reasoning, and sound decision-making skills to elaborate solutions with Engineering teams.
• Elaborate the concepts and achieve clarity of thought about what will ultimately be built.
• Fully understand the functionality, architecture, dependencies, and runtime properties of the systems supporting the products, including: business requirements, use cases, UX, back-office systems, technical stack, interfaces and associated data flows, dependent applications/services, runtime operations (i.e. trouble management/associated support strategies), and maintenance.
• Ensure replication of knowledge, share workload on initiatives, ensure mutual back-up, help the team scale, learn and expand its scope.
• Assist with new team members training
All About You
Product development experience
Attention to details in requirement analysis
Like to dive deep into the operational characteristics of the product
Experience in agile delivery methodologies
Experience in elaborating requirements, designing solutions, understanding systems capabilities and limitations by executing on features and enhancements
Accountability, sense of urgency, care, passion for the domain.
Superior oral and written communication and organization skills.
Problem solving and pragmatic mindset, analytical skills, attention to documentation.
• Experience in payment systems and transaction switching , especially Mastercard’s, is a definite plus
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-184195