MasterCard Manager, Product Architecture in London, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Product Architecture
Product Technology Architecture (within NPP O&T) is seeking a new Product Architect to take ownership of the software architecture on our cloud platform which forms the foundation of our UK and International payment and fraud services. The ideal candidate will be highly skilled in cloud based architectures, be passionate about their work, be self driven, and be an excellent communicator.
In this architectural position, you will:
• Provide thought leadership for the ongoing development of the NPP software cloud platform.
• Provide detailed subject matter expertise in cloud software architecture.
• Work with Product Managers and Product Owners to determine the strategic roadmap for the platform and ensure appropriate architectural and technical items are suitably prioritised with in.
• Work in collaboration with Solution and Product Architects to ensure that customer technical requirements are correctly reflected in platform backlogs.
• Work with Platform Engineering to enable and drive forward platform delivery.
• Work in collaboration with other architects within wider NPP & wider Mastercard Operations and Technology to ensure that architectural principles are aligned where appropriate.
• Be responsible for producing key Product Documentation such as Product Architecture Overview and Roadmap Documents and using these to ensure formal architectural governance is correctly applied.
All About You::
• Significant previous experience in technical leadership roles, designing and delivering solutions in the cloud.
• Deep knowledge of modern software architecture techniques, such as microservice, event sourcing and event driven design.
• Comprehensive understanding of one or more Cloud Platforms such as Azure, AWS or Google Cloud.
• Experience with stream processing technologies such as Kafka.
• Experience with RDBMS, NOSQL database technologies such as Postgres & Redis
• Experience with API Gateway’s and developing JSON REST-based APIs.
• Experience of container-orchestration and containerisation technologies, e.g., Kubernetes, Docker.
• Ideally, experience of designing and implementing private and hybrid cloud solutions
• Ideally, understanding/interest in information architecture and analytics.
• A background in development and a hands-on attitude to architecture.
• Able to present and communicate complex architectural issues clearly and concisely with technical and non-technical audiences from senior stakeholders to project teams.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including facilitation, negotiation, collaboration and influencing
• Understanding of the product development lifecycle from roadmap to live implementation and support
• Understanding of solution trade-offs such as cost, scope, timescale, and balance between long-term strategic and short-term pragmatic considerations.
• Will be someone with leadership qualities who proactively seeks effective approaches to tasks and problems and sets a high professional standard for themselves and others.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-125232