MasterCard Manager, External Engagement - Government Engagement (1 year FTC) in London, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, External Engagement - Government Engagement (1 year FTC)
Mastercard Government Engagement brings together its global network, partners, technology and data insights to help the public sector find practical solutions for the challenges they face - creating more inclusive, sustainable, and resilient economies for all. We work with government, public sector agencies, and development organizations who want to improve services to better serve their people, while building trust and supporting sustainable and inclusive socio-economic development.
We have a good idea of what works, but we also have a passion for learning, exploring new capabilities, and applying the best methodologies and insights to the needs of government. Our team puts policy into practice and is made up of experts from government, technology, and business development.
We’re recruiting for a Government External Engagement Manager on a contract basis (1 year) to help us to build our visibility, informing our external positions, planning and creating content, and supporting the delivery of our external events and engagement program globally.
• Are you motivated to understand and solve the issues facing governments around the world today?
• Are you a champion for digital and data as a force for good?
• Are you able to successfully engage leaders in public and private sector and gain their attention?
• Do you have exceptional events, communication, marketing, relationship management and organisational skills?
If so, we’re looking for someone just like you. Join us and help grow and engage our government network, hone our communications, collaborate and generate thought leadership to drive change.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Creating and managing a large and diverse portfolio of external engagements, stakeholders and communications (e.g. virtual and physical convenings, communications, social media, thought leadership, customer perspectives)
- Organising, supporting and attending meetings, events, and conferences to develop a comprehensive scope of the needs of governments, including supporting Mastercard executive team engagement activities.
• Facilitating contact management and impact reporting
• Story-telling, helping share the experience of governments and their digitization journey (e.g. case studies, videos, convenings, social media, podcasts, thought-leadership)
• Identifying and supporting the management of external partnerships with governments, multi-lateral agencies, industry bodies, interest groups, thought leaders and other stakeholders
• Collaborating and aligning with colleagues across Marketing, Communications, Public Policy and Strategic Growth ensuring consistency of messaging across the business and that Government Engagement is well represented across the group
• Supporting Government Engagement colleagues in market to boost awareness and relevancy with government stakeholders
All About You:
• Energetic and motivated by working with governments and partners to address challenges and drive change
• A self-starter with attention to detail with excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills (Fluent English language written and spoken required)
• Creative with an ability to develop compelling communications including presentations for external and internal events
• Proven experience of events management, content creation, marketing and social media engagement
• Skilled at social media optimisation and management ( and Twitter)
• Ability to manage contact databases, understanding and upholding data privacy requirements
• Demonstrated project management skills with strong ability to manage multiple work streams simultaneously
• Deliver quality research and spot key trends using robust sources and compelling arguments
• Ability to function as a team member in a time-compressed, highly dynamic and ambiguous environment to ensure deliverables are achieved
• Prior experience working in, engaging and researching the needs of governments beneficial
• Ability to work independently and collaborate with others at all levels of the organization including senior leaders, executive management and consultants
• Global mindset and effective team player in a virtual, distributed team
• Cultural awareness and additional languages are a plus.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-137163