MasterCard Legal Executive Assistant (FTC) in London, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Legal Executive Assistant (FTC)
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Mastercard New Payments Platforms Legal team is looking for a Legal Executive Assistant to provide administrative support to the Legal Team and to act as executive assistant to the Chief Legal Officer for New Payments Platforms. This role is a fixed term role until June 2022.
• Perform general administrative duties to support day-to-day departmental operations (including the HR and Purchase Order systems).
• Scheduling meetings across different time zones; completing extensive travel arrangements; regular expense reporting; maintaining and proactive management of calendars; screening mail; filing; ordering supplies and maintaining department records.
• Develop and/or prepare correspondence; research; reports; presentations or other assigned documentation in specified software package. May research special topics as assigned.
• Routinely handles internal and external enquiries by screening calls, answering questions, and redirecting to appropriate personnel.
• Provide coverage as needed to other Business Assistants in areas such as phone coverage and scheduling meetings.
• Analyses data from multiple sources and draws conclusions and/or recommends changes for manager's review.
• Involved in maintaining/tracking departmental reports on an ongoing basis (i.e. budgets).
• Coordinates logistics for more complex meetings/activities, e.g. internal and external meetings, conferences, symposiums, interviews, offsites, etc.
• Deploys utmost discretion and care on a regular basis when working with sensitive/confidential data pertaining to the department or Mastercard.
All About You
The ideal candidate for this position should:
• Must be able to self-direct and work effectively with others (at all levels of the organisation - team members, senior leaders, executive management and clients).
• Will be involved in high-level client contact and may be exposed to sensitive information, must demonstrate confidentiality, good business judgment and diplomacy.
• Ability to thrive in time-compressed, highly dynamic and at times ambiguous environments, whilst ensuring deliverables are achieved.
• Proficient knowledge of the MS Office Suite, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Must be highly proficient in using Outlook.
• Attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrate ability to manage time and multiple commitments simultaneously.
• Strong decision-making and problem solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communications skills.
• Assignments require postholder to apply knowledge and skills to routinely solve complex administrative problems independently or with others.
• Assignments require the use of judgement to develop, modify and adapt procedures in order to most effectively meet demands of given situations.
• May direct and prioritise some phases of work for other administrative staff.
• Will be recognised as an information resource by others.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-136793