MasterCard Leader - Business Development Finance in London, United Kingdom
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Leader - Business Development Finance
This position will report into the Business Leader - Business Development Finance.
• Responsible for the establishment and management of strategic and complex customer business agreements for UK & Ireland.
• Ensure through organizational planning the consistent execution of agreements by identifying and working with all required stakeholders
• Establish mutually quantifiable goals that drive profitability for MasterCard and customers.
• Assist in the development and implementation of long-term strategies to enhance MasterCard profitability and competitive leverage.
• Lead ad hoc pan-European and/or global strategic initiatives aiming at streamlining/enhancing the deal approval process and assist in providing consultative support, thought leadership, strategy, innovative ideas and approaches to senior management.
• Manage the customer business development (deal) process in the development and pursuit of high-priority deals.
Support the European Sales Team within the assigned Countries, building profitable and protected deals structure for MasterCard and playing an active advisory role in business, strategic and financial related projects. This includes business case modeling for complex deals, non-traditional Customers, and Pan-European opportunities;
Prioritize business opportunities within the assigned Countries in a fully independent way;
Ensure the integrity, compliance and tracking of business cases and financial models;
Translate business needs, strategies and regulatory requirements into business cases models;
Co-operate with the legal department to incorporate the business case performance commitments within contracts.
Co-operate with other departments (accounting, tax, local finance) to optimize deals structure;
Perform regular analysis to assist senior management in the evaluation of opportunities
Facilitate Senior Management review;
Defend deals to approvers, up to US finance management, via the preparation of executive summaries and additional financial analysis;
Perform detailed contract reviews to ensure full alignment with approved BC models;
Organize and provide training and advice to account teams on the business case process, financial model and its best practices and on recent regulatory guidelines;
Review and challenge Business case models built by other analysts;
• Demonstrates thought leadership and strategic thinking and is able to provide both an executive and operational perspective in complex deal situations
• Possesses a natural collaborative style, and is able to work effectively and efficiently across the multiple areas and levels of the MasterCard organization in ensuring that the best thinking and assets are brought to bear in each deal
• Leadership presence and credibility with various levels of management, able to persuade, motivate and influence others effectively to achieve MasterCard's business goal
• Ability to dialogue effectively with customers at various management levels
• Demonstrates a high degree of credibility with customers and with executives and staff at MasterCard
Stress resistant to cope with unexpected and multiple demands
All About You
• Degree in Finance or Economics
• Strong experience, including experience in both financial and customer-facing roles
• Proven leadership skills and ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization
• High potential with excellent financial, analytical, and communication skills
• High degree of business acumen and strong knowledge of Card and Financial Services Industry dynamics and business drivers
• Thrives in fast-paced work environment
Proactive and able to work well independently and in teams;
Eye for details but also capacity to have an helicopter view, to compare and leverage experiences across countries;
Good organizational skills, ability to deliver within agreed deadlines, to act with sense of urgency and prioritize tasks;
Excellent inter-personal communication skills and ability to adapt to multicultural environments;
Process minded with strong analytical skills;
Ability to summarize, to identify key elements, to provide short and comprehensive information useful for the approval;
Identify risks and find the best balance between risks and opportunities;
Ability to share an opinion and support it with facts
Solution oriented. Capacity to identify risks
Curiosity and interest for the challenges and requests faced by our business partners (take the time to follow-up on negotiations status, to understand short terms and long term country strategies, to learn about market / customer specifics;
Capacity to work in an environment where not all the variable are known (capacity to make assumptions and proposals);
Very good knowledge of excel
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-93317