MasterCard Lead Economist, Economics Institute, EMEA and AP in London, United Kingdom
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Lead Economist, Economics Institute, EMEA and AP
we are looking for a senior economist to lead mastercard’s regional economics team focused on Europe, MEA, AP based in London, UK. This individual will report directly to the chief economist and:
• develop and maintain macroeconomic views for all countries within the regions EUR, MEA, AP
• present to c-suite/senior management at priority customers within their regions
• brief Mastercard executives, senior management teams and regional advisory boards, write weekly/monthly/quarterly outlooks
• represent mastercard in customer forums, industry events, including media appearances as needed - on broadcast, print, online media - position us as an industry leader with highly differentiated capabilities
• own the story creation and presentation dashboards for each customer presentation to develop custom and actionable insights
• drive thought leadership for the region in order to better explore data and economic relationships
• align with mastercard regional presidents and customer account leads to deliver insights for top strategic customers
• recruit, guide, manage and grow team of high performing economists to unlock their potential & channel it to deliver the best output
• direct the country economists & data scientists to create interactive and tailored presentations
• work with the data science team to explore alternative data sets, modeling and forecasting to push the boundaries in more traditional economics
• help shape the global macroeconomic outlook
• help shape the economic insights discipline and philosophy for the global team
• participate in all stages of the project from briefing to ideation to exploration of data, insights, storyboarding and final presentation
• a tech savvy economist motivated by curiosity
• proven track record for managing a forecast & view
• a leader with executive presence and an impactful presenter to executive audiences and media
• demonstrated thought leader via publications and industry forums
• accomplished in growing and nurturing senior talent
• a creative and passionate economist with deep knowledge of both developed and emerging economies within the region
• evidence of both orthodox and experimental approaches in economic thinking, interpretation or application
• excellent relationship management skills and strong cross functional collaborator
• willingness to travel both domestically and internationally
• a talent for managing complex projects and timelines effectively and handling evolving situations fluidly
• must have solid knowledge of econometrics and economic relationships
• familiarity with coding in SQL, R, Python, Tableau and other analytical tools
• experience with utilizing different machine learning and artificial intelligence tools
• advanced degree in economics (Masters/PhD) or related field
• comfortable working in a fast paced and fluid environment, staying calm under pressure
• openness to new ideas, approaches, challenges and environments
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-102523