MasterCard Knowledge Management & Engineering Coordinator – Recommendation Engine team (Managing Consultant, D&S Global Team) in London, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Knowledge Management & Engineering Coordinator – Recommendation Engine team (Managing Consultant, D&S Global Team)
All about the role
Mastercard Data & Services enables customers across industries and geographies to make smarter decisions and reach better outcomes with a tailored portfolio of solutions beyond the transaction:
• We harness the power of real-time, anonymized, aggregated transaction data; powerful software platforms; and a wealth of expertise
• We empower customers to make better, data-driven decisions by unlocking a holistic view of consumer behavior beyond their internal four walls and distilling actionable insights from data
• We work with financial institutions, retailers, telecommunications organizations, travel companies, and more
The Automatic Recommendation Engine (ARE) is at the heart of a business intelligence ecosystem, built on a universe of market data and payment insights to help customers across the globe make smarter decisions, stay competitive and embrace new trends. ARE is a highly innovative capability that automates and delivers subject-matter expertise (‘recommendations’) at scale, whether in the context of consulting engagements or embedded within other Mastercard products and platforms (e.g. MIC, insights reports, MMI, etc.).
We are currently on a transformation journey to further evolve the ARE delivery platform, integrating it within all the other Business Intelligence platforms for a seamless customer experience and this role offers the opportunity to be part of a high-growth, diverse, agile, and innovative team.
As such, the Mastercard Data & Services Global Client Services Delivery team, in partnership with the Global Consulting Product team, is seeking an accomplished Managing Consultant to assume global responsibility for the sourcing and curation of all recommendations deployed within ARE, collecting inputs from subject-matter experts across the globe ensuring that it continuously provides value to our clients.
This global role is key to achieving our mission and offers the scope and freedom to be innovate within a highly entrepreneurial team with full autonomy and delegation, including the opportunity to enhance the supporting tools, systems and frameworks utilized by the team.
To do this you’ll need to source expertise from within the Mastercard business and beyond, coordinating multiple subject-matter experts across a broad range of topics. In addition, you may decide it necessary to extract information from existing deliverables and / or other sources, the key is that you’ll have the freedom to decide the best approach whether its interviews or knowledge mapping through to crowdsourcing or utilizing AI algorithms but nothing will be off the table.
• Develop and animate a worldwide community of global, regional, and country subject-matter experts that can be relied upon to provide high-quality and timely expert knowledge.
• Provide input from your own area(s) of expertise into the accumulated pool of expert knowledge
• Organize, maintain, and evolve the expert knowledge into reusable knowledge maps, guidance statements, playbooks, maturity models, etc.
• Identify and implement the most appropriate tools, systems, and frameworks to support this activity.
• In order to monitor the quality and actionability of recommendations establish a strong feedback framework, via end-user quantitative & qualitative feedback, usage tracking analytics, etc.
• Deepen the understanding of customers’ motivations and pain points by designing and conducting original research, including customer interviews, thus identifying opportunities to improve the product
• Support the Product Management team in developing product strategy, identifying and developing new use cases
• Translate business priorities, knowledge maps, guidance statements, etc. into clear, actionable, technical requirements for the engineering teams and third parties to ensure roadmap alignment and the quality of the final product.
• Support the Sales and Delivery teams in client conversations, acting as the product expert
• Develop and maintain ARE end-user product training materials
• Organise translations of ARE expert content into local language as required
• Extensive consulting delivery experience within Financial services / Cards market with a focus on Portfolio Optimization
• Subject matter expert in at least one area of Portfolio Optimization (e.g. acquiring, merchants, lifecycle management, marketing, authorization, fraud or other operational areas)
• Creativity and problem-solving skills, with experience of successfully developing and taking to market data driven products
• Proven track record of collaborating in cross-functional teams to deliver outstanding results
• Strong communication and influencing skills with a demonstrated ability to create a strong internal network
• Highly organized and able to deal with multiple and competing priorities
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-155200