MasterCard Information Security Director in London, United Kingdom
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Information Security Director
As Information Security Director, you will provide strategic and operational leadership for Information Security and IT Risk Compliance efforts. You'll manage and coordinate core aspects of the security strategy, including oversight of security improvement projects & financing, security awareness, audit response, and risk oversight & reporting.
Key success criteria for this role include ensuring appropriate prioritization of security tasks with key regional stakeholders; creation & maintenance of security processes and standards; providing KPIs to the regional executive teams on the state and efficacy of security controls; maintaining two-way communications between business units, Operations and CSO; and evangelizing security awareness across teams.
Fully conversant with cyber/ security technologies as well as risk assessment / management techniques, the ISO will also work closely with the Risk function and external customers.
The role will also be required to support the CSO in a myriad of security related tasks and issues, working to prevent, detect and respond to cyber security threats on critical systems.
This is a managerial role, the selected candidate will be located in Angel Lane, but is likely to be required to travel to other offices regularly.
The Information Security Director is required to support the CSO in all of their duties. The accountabilities outlined below indicate the scope of the position. The incumbent may be asked to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically stated in this description.
• Maintain oversight of security improvement projects, spend and progress; including annual strategic planning for the following year
• Interact with internal and external auditors to enable audits, subsequently tracking audit actions to delivery;
• Develop, maintain and improve key security processes to constantly improve security delivery, driving efficiency and standardisation of outcome;
• Ensure suitable due diligence and oversight of 3rd party risk matters, conducting audits as required;
• Create and maintain metrics and KPIs for both internal and external audiences, present these as required;
• Work with Mastercard to identify and pursue improvement opportunities;
• Drive a culture of security across Vocalink , ensuring that staff receive suitable security awareness and education
The successful candidate is likely to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
• Extensive experience in the Information Security space
• Deep and broad understanding related to security encompassing end point technologies, applications, application hosting, physical and virtual data centre hosting
• Experience with security practices such as security incident response and risk management
• Knowledge and understanding of relevant legal and regulatory requirements
• Professional security management certification, such as a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or other similar credentials, is desired
• Possess the highly developed communications and influencing skills necessary to simplify potentially complex issues and gain the commitment and buy-in from their business colleagues.
• Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO27001, ITIL, SABSA, COBIT and NIST
• Ability to build networks with colleagues and considers a range of options that meet the needs of all stakeholders
• Critical thinking with strong problem-solving skills
• Customer orientated and technically innovative
• Always cost conscious balancing the needs of the business against the provision of the best solutions possible
• Likely to have experience of a highly regulated industry
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-88436