MasterCard Director, Strategic Customer Solutions in London, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Strategic Customer Solutions
Director, Strategic Customer Solutions
Operating worldwide, the MasterCard Enterprise Partnership (MEP) team leverages MasterCard’s assets to open up new business in non-traditional sectors. The MEP team partners with industry leading organizations to orchestrate new value, drive new solutions, or effect new partnerships better serve end-customers, markets and ecosystems.
Business-to-Business (B2B) synonymous with payments is now a much broader open trade model embracing multiple flows, inclusive of working capital finance and underpinned by real-time supply chain data.
Mastercard seeks to lead in the B2B global landscape generating billion-dollar value streams. The role of MEP-Global Trade is central to Mastercard’s B2B strategy, forming partnerships and entire eco-systems through a combination of technological transformation and innovative business models. In the emerging opportunity space, Global Trade collaborates with tech giants and our global banking partners to drive scale, but we also work with Fintechs in niche industry verticals leveraging data, new technologies like AI and blockchain.
This role within Global Trade provides a unique opportunity for a high performing individual to drive real change and transform the way we engage and drive solutions with our partners. The candidate will work closely with our business development teams and product managers across Mastercard.
We believe that an ideal candidate should possess a unique set of experiences which include a good mix of B2B industry knowledge as well as experience in customer solutioning, digital technology and strategic client management.
In this role, you will be a part of Mastercard’s B2B Global Trade team, focusing on identifying and delivering scalable client B2B solutions globally:
• Provide commercial and technical solutioning support to the sales team to drive achievement of Global Trade & Freight financial targets
• Work with Global Trade & Freight partners/customers to move them from “pipeline” to implementation and accelerate time-to-revenue
• Identify and bundle scalable solutions that can be replicated across various industries and markets and provide faster time to market and to revenue. Drive alignment and linking of Mastercard capabilities and systems with those of our partners, e.g. Open Banking, Blockchain, Multi-rail payment
• Identify new relevant strategic partnerships that will help Mastercard to achieve B2B strategic goals and scale globally
• Collaborate with Product teams to deliver relevant B2B solutions for the sales team, feedback on conversations with clients and clients’ needs
• Partner with O&T and Product to deliver solutions to customers/partners
• Collect and drive sharing of best practices and growth of expertise across the Global Trade team
• Location: London, UK
Knowledge and Skills
This role would require relevant experience, particularly complex customer solutioning and technology, operational knowledge in Supply Chain Practices (both physical and financial) part of which is operating at the Group level of sizeable international companies. International exposure and ability to handle cultural diversity are essential to this role.
• Substantial experience in Client Solutioning
• Managing P/L and achieving revenue targets
• Sharp business acumen (including ability to assess risk and appropriate levels of return)
• Excellent interpersonal skills and multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity; able to collaborate with the team based in multiple geographies
• Ability to understand geographically dispersed and highly varied customer and product base
• Strong communicator; able to communicate complex, often vague topics in a compelling manner
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-141623