MasterCard Director, Product Management in London, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Product Management
This role is a critical component in supporting the creation of a successful and scalable global product line that is able to respond to and leverage the significant benefits associated with VocaLink within MasterCard.
This role will be focused on supporting the regions, based in London. As a designated representative of Global Product, the role will be accountable for ensuring that the region has everything they need (product sales collateral, technical documentation, training, roadmap strategy, commercial framework) to execute a successful client engagement from initial market engagement to implementation.
Director, Product Management is accountable for the product implementation strategy for commercial product set and hub propositions including, IPS (switch), Directory services, Access solutions and associated Scheme components. Director Product Management delivers profitable scalable and repeatable product implementation strategies that exceed the market’s expectations; that our Sales team can therefore sell and that our delivery and development teams can successfully deliver.
The Director, Product Management is accountable for ensuring that all business targets are met and that the Business Unit’s annual target contribution to the business is achieved through the successful implementation of our product and services.
• Accountability for ensuring that the Business has the right product implementation assets, in the right markets, at the right time to achieve the business’ strategic objectives.
• Supporting the region with Client forums and events that demonstrate coordinated feedback and input to support product evolution.
• Develop clear understanding of regional requirements for products implementations. With structure input from regions including repeatable discovery processes.
• Ensure that regional knowledge is captured and fed back into global roadmaps where appropriate
• Ensure that each regional implementation and client implementation does not deviate from core product offering.
• To decide upon new approaches to client implementations, from the identification of a market requirement and possible revenue or efficiency stream, through product implementation feasibility and definition to investment case approval, product development, launch, servicing and retirement.
• To ensure that resources are focused on the right product implementation’s, in the right markets, by developing robust business cases or, when applicable, ensuring that products implementation approaches are rejected from the portfolio to maximise return and minimise loss.
• To work with and hold to account delivery and development team against agreed P&Ls for all client implementations and to ensure product based financial planning and analysis.
• To foster a world class Product and implementation and management function; fostering a culture of success and collaboration. Leading the team that acts as the cross-company orchestrators of delivery and management of products; recognised leaders that build virtual teams across Finance, Sales, Development, Operations and Marketing.
• To motivate, inspire and give clear direction to cross functional teams to encourage exceptional results and overall job performance.
• Work across Vocalink and MasterCard organisation to ensure relevant assets are utilised to support business line objectives
• Develop, review and report on the team’s strategy and objectives and ensure they are well understood across the various departments
• Collaborate with relevant participant teams to ensure that the ACH team’s operations activities integrate with the overall strategy of providing quality service to customers
• Oversee required regulatory and audit activities of implementing participants to the ACH programs
All about You
• A leader with outstanding people management skills and the proven ability to build and inspire teams to achieve exceptional objectives.
• Sensitivity to a diverse range of cultural and regional idiosyncrasies to foster a positive spirit of collaboration between the region and global product
• Excellence in customer needs analysis and market focus, throughout the end to end product implementations life cycle ownership
• Being an expert in market matters such as target market characteristics, market trends, purchasing power of customers, competition, technological landscape
• Higher degree of commercial acumen and analytical rigour
• Technically pragmatic and flexible with Innovative approach
• Experience in managing development of products with and for tier 1 banks
• Genuine industry thought leaders with broader payments market background, capable of setting a vision
• A strategic thinker who can challenge the status-quo and develop plans for successful delivery of challenging objectives. Commits to business objectives and pulls out the stops to make sure they are always met.
• A communicator and influencer, from board level through to technical level.
• An agile mind with the ability to absorb and interpret technical and business information.
• A builder of bridges who can identify a route to a solution across a complex environment. A ‘can-do’ and ‘will-do’ attitude. The ability to build cross-functional relationships and to work, under pressure, with different teams.
• A commercial focus that leads to corporate growth through proven experience of business case development, revenue generation and cost control.
• An in depth understanding, coupled with the ability to mentor others, on the Product Management Life-Cycle.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-113682