MasterCard Director, Product Development, Acceptance Products in London, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Product Development, Acceptance Products
Mastercard's Global Acceptance team focuses on making Mastercard the best way to pay everywhere. With our powerful suite of payment products, we are working on shaping the payments experiences of the future.
This critical role sits at an intersection of Product, Process innovation and Engineering and provides incredible opportunity for learning, organization visibility and career growth. Every day, you will be solving real world challenges and utilizing your product and engineering skills to design and build best-in-class scalable acceptance products for innovating the consumer payment experience.
This role involves responsibility for acceptance product development for cloud commerce including leading the discussions on architecture, feature definition, integration with other products and involves working with engineering teams and other teams across the organisation including product and delivery teams.
• Lead the development of cloud commerce acceptance by providing product and technical leadership that drive product design, architecture, technology integration, testing and launch
• Communicate with technically literate and technically non-literate stakeholders to build and implement new features as required
• Build a strong acceptance product and technology partnership with multiple teams across the organisation
• Be the voice of the customer to incorporate their feedback in the product design and influence global product roadmap
• Lead technical discovery and solution development workshops with the customers
• Innovate, research and identify opportunities for new acceptance services that create long term value for our customers
All About You
• Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or similar B.S. degree from an accredited college/university
• Considerable professional experience in product development and management
• Strong payment industry experience with prior track record of building/managing innovative payment products/platforms
• Excellent understanding of payment technologies and merchant needs
• Strong track record and experience in payment solution conceptualization and design, technology architecture and engineering, from working in the payment industry
• Strong analytical and consultative skills to analyse the customer domain and recommend compelling acceptance solutions
• Good understanding of payment related specifications (EMVCo, PCI etc.)
• Prior knowledge and experience with payment network solutions such as Secure Remote Commerce, contactless, QR is desirable
• High attention to detail, adaptable, executes with a sense of urgency and strong planning and organisational skills
• Strong communication, presentation and personal skills; able to explain technical topics in simple terms; able to think quickly and react to client-impacting situations
• Willingness to travel as needed
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-169982