MasterCard Director, Product Commercialization, Financial Crime Solutions in London, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Product Commercialization, Financial Crime Solutions
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Mastercard’s Cyber & Intelligence Solutions organization develops and delivers world-class security products and services for partners across the globe. As part of this organization, the Financial Crime Solutions team leads the development and delivery of innovative fraud and AML products that enable simple and secure payments. Financial Crime is a high-growth, strategic area of focus with a remit to develop a suite of services for card and non-card payment rails (batch ACH, real-time payments) in support of Mastercard’s multi-rail strategy.
The candidate will lead global commercialization for the AML service offering to drive market adoption and scale revenue in close collaboration with regional colleagues.
• Lead engagement with regional Mastercard colleagues to set AML product objectives and commercialization plans to meet and exceed goals
• Co-develop priorities markets and accounts, developing and executing key internal and external stakeholder engagement plans to drive product adoption and revenue. Including key account product support
• Drive and support direct client engagement with domain and product expertise, highlighting product value proposition, key benefits etc.
• Develop sales/marketing, educational and training materials to communicate our offering internally to regional representatives and externally with customers
• Responsible for global AML product revenue performance
• Manage global key client engagement plans and track regional revenue vs. defined targets
• Manage monthly and quarterly business review process with regional teams
• Provide client feedback and competitive/market insights to Global Product team to ensure our solutions appropriately address current and emerging market needs
• Identify new market opportunities and contribute to development of new or improved products
• Responsible for representing products to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc., where applicable
• Will report to the Vice President, Global Head of Product Commercialization for Financial Crime
All About You
• Product management and commercialization experience
• Experience with launching and scaling new Financial Crime / AML products and services to market
• Deep subject matter expertise in Financial Crime / AML
• Strong communication and client presentation skills - ability to concisely communicate complex content in a simple, logical and compelling manner
• Strong interpersonal relationship building and client management skills
• Ability to navigate, influence and gain-buy in from key decision makers and other stakeholders to meet business objectives
• Strong and proactive leader with ability to drive tangible results with cross-functional partners
• Experience working globally across diverse markets and cultures
• Flexibility – willing to do what it takes to achieve the desired result
• Team player
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Global travel: 30%
• Location: London, UK
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-114382