MasterCard Director, Merchant Sales UK in London, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Merchant Sales UK
About Ethoca, a Mastercard company
At Ethoca, you can join a team of top business and technology innovators who are transforming the industry. We are changing the payments landscape and reinventing the way global merchants and issuers combat fraud and reduce costs, and increasingly over the coming years how we help elevate consumer experiences. Our relentless customer focus is what makes us a multi award-winning business.
We believe that when people come together, it unlocks potential. Our collaborative environment enables our teams to deliver and develop solutions that provide safety, security, and convenience for our customers.
Ethoca is a place where risk-takers thrive, change makers excel, and innovators shape a better tomorrow. Innovation requires taking thoughtful risks and moving with speed and agility, so that’s what we do. We invite our employees to bring their hearts, minds and whole selves to work every day to push boundaries and dream up new possibilities Let’s create new possibilities together.
Ethoca is looking for a Merchant Sales Director to grow our merchant ecosystem in the UK and to drive our customer experience strategy forward, by consistently innovating and problem-solving.
• Ethoca is viewed as an extremely successful Mastercard acquisition. To support our continued growth and success, we are seeking a Merchant Sales Director for the UK
• Responsible to drive our customer experience strategy forward, by consistently innovating and problem-solving
• The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, persistent, and intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
• In this customer facing position, you will focus on growing Ethoca’s enterprise merchant network in the UK
• This role is primarily focused on direct merchant sales. It will include coordination with the Business Development team on non-direct merchant opportunities with acquirers, mass enabled data partners (e.g. mPOS providers, travel platforms), and merchant referral and reseller partners (e.g. payment gateways, fraud platforms etc.)
• You will partner alongside Mastercard/Ethoca account management and business development teams to identify and drive new Clarity prospect opportunities and deliver new revenue opportunities
• You will work closely with the Ethoca Product and Technology teams to solve complex challenges and as well as provide key market feedback
• Work with our Market Development Representative to ensure methodical prospecting within target enterprise customers through various methods, , phone, email etc.
• You will have responsibility for helping drive Europe merchant revenue
• Accurately input and track all prospecting, lead management and sales activity in Salesforce
• An ambassador for Ethoca at industry tradeshows and networking events
• Several years’ experience selling successfully to Tier 1 enterprise merchants
• Skilled at running a consultative sales process from start to finish (ex. Sandler sales training methodology)
• Strong understanding of the payments/fraud ecosystem and the tools used to manage fraud, data and chargebacks
• You are a strong, confident, and exacting writer and speaker. You communicate your vision and roadmap effectively to a wide variety of stakeholders
• Continually observe and evaluate the market and competition to see how it’s evolving and the potential impact
• Ambitious, driven, experienced and commercially minded
• Action-oriented, with strong planning and analytical skills, as well as rigorous attention to detail
• High emotional intelligence level
• Have a clear mission that focuses on the attention of your customer’s need above your own
• Identify areas where resources fall short of needs and provide thoughtful and sustainable solutions to benefit the team.
• You are skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly.
• You are always looking for potential solutions to solve problems
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-139417