MasterCard Director, Merchant Marketing in London, United Kingdom
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Merchant Marketing
Do you want to be part of a world leading marketing and communications team within a global brand, building and delivering B-2-B and B-2-B-2-C marketing strategy to drive more profitable customer relationships and the Mastercard brand in a role where core marketing skills and strength of partnership are essential to be successful in an exciting space full of innovative and disruptive technology.
• Develop and deliver marketing strategy for the payment acceptance part of our business in the UK and Ireland.
• Working in partnership with business development and product marketing to support the development of customer relationships and profitable business growth aligned to business and brand objectives.
• Create and deliver B2B marketing campaigns to drive merchant engagement for priority solutions. Leading agencies and working with stakeholders across global, regional and local.
• Support the development of best in class B to B to C marketing campaigns in partnership with merchants to drive consumer adoption of new payment types.
• Leverage Mastercard assets to build marketing partnerships with merchants to drive preference and share of Mastercard at point of sale.
• Support business development build the marketing value proposition into RFPs to build the overall value of the deal.
All About You
• Strong background in marketing, ideally where the end user of a product or service is not a direct customer. Commercially focused marketing expertise in B-2-B and B-2-C, advertising, direct marketing, digital execution and B-2-B lead generation.
• Understanding of merchant business drivers and typical challenges.
• Good grasp of team dynamics and sympathetic to multiple viewpoints.
• Strong partnership, influencing and creative solutioning skills with drive to win:win.
• Be able to sell ideas and gain advocacy internally and externally
• Project management skills are a key requirement given that this role involves managing multiple projects with multiple stakeholders simultaneously
• Experience in analysing data and identifying actionable insights
• Very strong achievement drive to deliver results. Can do attitude is essential in a busy marketing environment.
• Ability to work at a fast pace and operate within tight deadlines.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-85917