MasterCard Director, Data Quality in London, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Data Quality
The Data Quality team for Open Banking is responsible for ensuring data is of the highest quality and is fit for purpose to support business and analytic uses. The team works to identify and prioritize opportunities for data quality improvement, defines data quality standards performs monitoring and coordinates activities with Mastercard’s enterprise data quality team and program. This individual will report to the New Product Development/ Open Banking organization, with a dual report to the VP, Mastercard Enterprise Data Quality.
As a Director, Data Quality on the International Open Banking team you will:
• Determine strategy for and implement data quality standards, metrics and reporting for new international markets related to open banking
• Identify opportunities to improve data quality for open banking for both internally created data and externally acquired data.
• Coordinate with the Enterprise Data Quality team to automate data quality monitoring, utilizing defined data quality gold standards related to open banking.
• Provide market insights to the Enterprise Data Quality team to enhance enterprise gold standards
• Ensure alignment of International Open Banking and Mastercard Enterprise Data Quality programs
• Coordinate, direct and monitor deep dive and root cause analysis related to open banking data quality activities performed by the analytics teams to derive standards for automation
• Design country level open banking data quality standards collaborating with business and technical teams for existing and new markets
• Provide insight into current and trending data quality efforts and improvements
• Establish and manage analytical teams in new markets and the deployment of resources to cover new market expansion.
All About You
• Previous experience managing data analytics teams
• Experience with data quality automation tools (Informatica DQ) preferred
• Demonstrated ability to understand complex data and technology initiatives
• Strong understanding of Open Banking platforms and applications and related business processes in global markets
• Ability to lead and drive tasks forward without direct authority
• Strong analytic capabilities, and written and oral communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with proven experience in relationship building and partnering
• Motivated self-starter with ability to excel at multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-159225