MasterCard Director, Commercial - Global Prepaid in London, United Kingdom
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Commercial - Global Prepaid
The role holder will be responsible for ensuring that the Mastercard Prepaid Management Services Product strategy is executed across key customers globally. Specifically, this will include working with key stakeholders across the MPMS business, including Global Product Management, Operations & Servicing, Technology, Delivery, and Sales to identify areas of opportunity with each customer, and develop and execute a holistic plan to address them in the most resource-efficient way.
• Identify and evaluate potential areas of strategic growth across key new and existing customers:
o New and existing travel customers
o Non-travel flows customers (e.g. “Everyday Spend”)
• Develop and implement a consistent, and repeatable framework for driving product development discussions with key customers leveraging “Design Thinking” and co-creation sessions:
o Work with Global Product team to ensure that co-creation sessions are executed using a consistent global framework
o Educate the salesforce and target customers on the value of co-creation and the MPMS methodology for delivering it
o Partner with key stakeholders (e.g. O&T Architects, Operations & Servicing, Global Product) to deliver an end-to-end view to customer sessions
o Drive to key KPIs focused on the delivery of new propositions while adhering to the Global Product strategy, minimizing “custom” development
• Drive best-in-class CX with key partners by leveraging the Global Prepaid team’s customer journey benchmarking tools:
o Deliver benchmarking analysis to key customers with an associated action plan on key areas of focus and recommended next steps to action key areas
o Feed insights back into MPMS digital strategy to ensure that base Cash Passport CVP is best-in-class
o Leverage Cash Passport as a “hero” CX to help key customers visualize the digital offering available to partners
o Drive to a mobile-first, API-driven model with key customers by accelerating the outsourcing of UX to a “stable” of third parties
o Leverage data-driven insights from call centre to drive enhancements in key customer UX
• Reduce the “overhead” associated with key customers:
o Drive consolidation of key customer UX, reducing investment in maintaining legacy UX and educate salesforce that MPMS will not commit to new custom UX
o Drive down call volumes driven by key customers through ongoing CX optimization, increased usage of self-service and implementation of best-in-class servicing tools (e.g. Chatbots)
o Feed best practices back into Global Prepaid’s product roadmap to ensure benefits are felt across the whole MPMS business
• Strong experience in Prepaid, or payments industry / financial services experience
• Strong customer-focus and experience of leading sales engagements
• Experience in strategy development, market development, business development
• Strong collaboration skills and ability to with multiple senior stakeholders to drive tasks to completion in a lead role
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills including the ability to work with and influence people across the organisation
• Pro-active, collaborative and dynamic operating style
• Structured and thoughtful approach and ability to understand and positively influence process
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-87058