MasterCard Director - Business Development in London, United Kingdom
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director - Business Development
Our Mastercard Payment Gateway sales organization is seeking to build a diverse strategic and consultative workforce of world-class business developers, problem-solvers and technologists. We are pursuing highly motivated individuals who display strong achievement orientation, intellectual curiosity, openness, resilience, diligence, and the ability to effectively marshal resources. We align our team to compete and differentiate on the basis of customer intimacy, product and solution strength, and partnership orientation.
• Grows revenue by identifying and pursuing opportunities with new prospects in the tier 1 UK&I retail sector.
• Focuses on growing market share, market acceptance, the number of customer touch points, and Mastercard Payment Gateway’s UK&I footprint
• Sets sales strategy aligned with both geography and segment
• Responsible for pipeline management
Have you ever built relationships with tier 1 merchant decision makers?
Have you ever proactively identified and solved complex problems that impact management, relationship and direction of the business?
Have you developed successful and proven business development strategies
Have you ever prepared proposals, RFP’s, and negotiated contractual relationships with various internal and external stakeholders?
Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
Role and Responsibilities:
• Plan and identify UK&I sales, net revenue and new business targets
• Develop sales strategies and identify merchant prospects from the UK&I's top merchants and retailers within defined vertical segments
• Develop database of contacts and decision makers at target retailers
• Establish an understanding of existing merchant payment value chain and ecosystem
• Understand opportunities and where possible, contract renewal dates
• Initiate conversations with key decision makers at target retailers for existing, new or emerging product opportunities
• Secure new business with retailers including core Gateway products as well as selling a full range of supplementary value-added Mastercard services
• Rigorously manage the sales and opportunity pipeline using Salesforce.com tool
• Lead and manage RFP and RFI responses
• Develop and present financial modeling and business case for development opportunities
• Negotiate, execute and manage the customer contract agreement process
• Evaluate and enhance the deal process to deliver efficiencies and improved success rates
• Represent Mastercard Payment Gateway services at external conferences and events
• Manage market understanding and research requirements
All About You:
• Extensive experience with business development strategy, planning and execution
• Strong commercial acumen and understanding
• Extensive track record in achieving sales business development targets and building customer relationships through customer sales activity
• Demonstrated success in introducing existing and new/emerging solutions to new prospective partners
• Extensive experience with business development in the payment infrastructure and/or UK retail sectors
• A confident and adept networker and presenter
• Team player and self-starter
• Highly organised and able to manage a complex business development pipeline
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-78241