MasterCard Director, Business Development (Retail) in London, United Kingdom
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Business Development (Retail)
Scope of Role
• To grow Acceptance in the UK & I market through relationships with key Retailers, focusing on solution based approaches, working with key Mastercard stakeholders across the Acceptance network.
• Partner with key Merchant-facing parts of the organisation in order to present holistic solutions to retailers including Mastercard Payment Gateway Services, Pay by Bank App, APT, Advisors and Enterprise Security Solutions
• Development of the Acceptance strategy, and delivery of an overarching Retailer strategy in line with KPI’s
• Responsible for Retail account management and business strategy development activities for key Merchants and other parties in the acceptance value chain, leading to a successful pipeline of new business initiatives that supports UK and Ireland plans including Mastercard Loyalty Connect and POS Instalments
• Development and management of robust analytics both at a customer level and overall market perspective to monitor success and growth
• Implement customer strategy and plan that supports Acceptance and Market Development strategy and drives incremental revenue to Mastercard and creates value for end customer. Strong focus on ecommerce and the market roll out of key corporate initiatives.
• Contribute to developing strategic business plans through the provision of appropriate account and market intelligence and, to take responsibility for implementation of those specific action plans to support overall UK and Ireland strategy
• Partner with key internal functions, including European Acceptance Team, to identify new business opportunities and product ideas that enable Merchants to customise products and solutions to best support their strategy.
• Develop strong internal relationships within Mastercard to enable Acceptance business and broader value chain to achieve their business goals and differentiate Mastercard from its competitors
• Strong payments industry expertise, specifically Retail, and including proven sales, business development and implementation experience.
• Strong financial acumen, revenue management and P&L experience.
• Strong influencing, negotiation and conflicts resolution experience.
• A self-starter – at times able to work under their own initiative.
• Ability to execute flawlessly, decisive, results driven and demonstrate thought leadership.
• A Passion for Retail and working closely with Retailers and the Retail community
• Strong track record within merchant services business, including operations, marketing and emerging technologies
• Outstanding communication skills from a written, verbal and presentation perspective.
• Working knowledge progressive sales and account management experience within the Retail, financial services or payments industry sectors.
• A commitment to see through initiatives from beginning through to the end.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-85922