MasterCard Director, Business Development, Processors in London, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Business Development, Processors
Mastercard’s core Processor partners (eg:TSYS and Fiserv) are a critical channel for delivering our combined assets and solutions to our existing and new Issuing and Acquiring customers.
Reporting into UKI Bank Partnership Team within UK&I Division, this position plays a critical role in bringing a strategic and consultative focus on our Processor partners, with strong skills in account management, consulting/problem-solving and technical knowledge, enabling us to win by leveraging the best of our combined assets.
The role is focused on understanding and delivering against local partner needs within the UK&I, but will collaborate where applicable across IMK regional and global teams, to develop and execute joint strategies, driving innovative payment solutions to our customers that deliver a superior experience and meaningful value to our organizations.
• Partner, lead and develop Mastercard’s relationship with traditional core Processors in UK&I, to establish a practical value creating partnership which delivers benefit to all organisations.
• Drive revenue share, services, New Payment Platform and Product & Innovation enablement.
• Facilitate product design engagement (where non competitive) to better understand processor impact and technical feasibility.
• Partner on alignment on regulatory requirements (eg: PSD2).
• Develop a deep understanding of partner strategies and areas for potential partnership to create comprehensive Account Plans.
• Deliver customised payment solutions and comprehensive consulting support, while leveraging Mastercard's strong brand, technology, operations, and risk platforms to drive incremental value and bottom line results to partners and their customers.
• Conduct quarterly business reviews and annual planning sessions with partners.
• Where required, support business opportunities (e.g. RFPs) where either a processing component is required, or our services require integration via a processor.
• Be the main point of contact when challenges/opportunities with partner banks require processor support/engagement (multi-rail – card business and new payment platforms).
• Deliver regular updates to key internal stakeholders.
All About You:
The ideal candidate should have processor experience (essential) and/or banking/payments experience that can bring a technical aptitude to strategic problem-solving to address customer challenges and opportunities and drive relationship growth and profitability.
We are seeking candidates who can:
• Develop and manage strategic sales plans that best support customer needs while meeting Mastercard's business objectives.
• Develop strong customer relationships across levels and functions (particularly product, fraud, marketing, operations, strategy, and information technology) and influence or change customer preference towards Mastercard as a strategic partner and solution provider.
• Understand business and market dynamics, Mastercard’s product and service specifications and applications, and your customers’ strategies and needs in order to identify opportunities and design tailored solutions
• Initiate business conversations with key decision makers around new or emerging issuing opportunities with focus on bringing new revenue to Mastercard. Provide consultative industry and Mastercard insights.
• Provide insightful viewpoints on Mastercard platforms, products and services, explain to customers how they can leverage Mastercard’s offerings for their own business needs and communicate complex technological concepts with clarity and conviction.
• Keep pace with cutting edge technology trends and events that impact Mastercard’s platforms, products and services, visualize the “big picture” and understand the interdependencies between related inputs and their implications on current and future business goals/outcomes.
• Negotiate contracts and execute and manage the customer contract agreement process.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-167505