MasterCard Director, Account Management - Open Banking in London, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Account Management - Open Banking
Director, Account Management - Financial Institution Sales - Open Banking
You achieve this by:
• Building and executing a go-to-market strategy for Banking Solutions for all of Europe
• Forecasting the growth and reporting on the tracking compared to the budget of the banking segment
• Progressing deals along the pipeline by supporting the sales team and ensuring all clients utilise the full potential of open banking
• Owning and nurturing our client relationships including implementing streamlined processes that support high-quality customer experiences and revenue growth
• Streamlining processes and reducing complexity by establishing a successful sales process and strategy together with the CRO
• Building and nurturing a relationship with regional and local Mastercard account directors and open banking leads in local European markets.
• Managing stakeholder relationships and communicating internally about the sales strategy and setting up cross-functional teams to drive sales forward
• Building and developing a fast-moving and successful team that’s hungry to reach out to new clients and shorten the time to market execution
• Leading others by ensuring quality and a positive team spirit. Also developing local sales talent is a key success factor for future business
• Actively being involved in sales, closing large deals end to end, leading by example.
Like us, you’re obsessed with creating use cases for open banking, which are hallmarked by quality. Your passion for the banking industry and for being at the leading edge of open banking is what provides intrigue, connection and experience to all areas of the bank.
You’re someone who brings your:
• Strength in leadership. You enjoy and thrive in leading others and bringing energy to your team. You seek accountability for the results of a diverse team.
• Coaching-style leadership that you activate in service to those on your team. You’re always prepared to roll your sleeves up and support anyone and everyone.
• Deep understanding of the Banks and payments landscape and experience creating payment opportunities
• Minimum of three (3) years of leadership experience and a stellar track record of a minimum of seven (7) successful years selling banking solutions to Enterprise clients within Europe. (e.g. leadership experience across Europe for a multinational bank)
• Strategic, analytic capability matched by a go-to mentality
• Ability to work closely with executives to present Aiia’s strategic vision and negotiate effectively on behalf of the company as well as by working independently within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to stakeholders.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills and a command of a second European language fluently (written and spoken)
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders
• (Data-driven mindset and extensive experience with HubSpot or a similar system)
• Strong negotiation skills. You’ve led and closed complex multi-million euro deals.
• Technical acumen and industry knowledge to effectively balance the demands being placed on a defined area of a product from a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
• Willingness to travel 2-3x a month (if travel is open)
Location: Copenhagen or London is preferred, but open to considering candidates located in other European countries
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-170651