MasterCard DevOps Software Automation Engineer in London, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
DevOps Software Automation Engineer
The role will be responsible for implementing IT initiatives that supports and continually improves our operational efficiency, driving automation, improving cost effectiveness and creating operational excellence.
The role will include championing technology innovation and change, working with innovation stakeholders across the business, creating a culture of collaboration.
The role requires previous experience of implementing DevOps tools within an organisation, proficient in the areas of product selection, hands-on tooling, with the ability to justify the use of DevOps in the organisation
The role is primarily focused on services, ensuring we meet their SLAs and efficiency targets, providing support for solutions based upon principles of high-availability, agility, scale and efficiency.
The role requires the holder to be a development focused engineer to help automate the server & virtualisation infrastructure, by maintaining and creating new automation tools to continue to drive transformation of our environments and services.
It will include liaison and building close relationships with other technical areas such as development, testing, application support and architecture teams.
Typically this will require the post holder to:
• Strong experience of working within Agile frameworks - Scrum
• Experience of Infrastructure As Code automation
• Able to orchestrate the build and deployment of a container environment
• Build, develop and maintain virtualisation automation, monitoring and reporting tools
• Troubleshoot, resolve and assist in complex virtualisation and server related issues through code
• Participate in automation initiatives driving change and efficiencies
• Mentor and share knowledge with other members of the team through retros, planning meetings and daily standups
All About You
Working knowledge of the following:
• Infrastructure & Network technologies
• Agile Methodologies (Scrum/Kanban)
• Cloud implementations and support (AWS, Azure or Google)
• Working knowledge of developing Infrastructure as code
• Working knowledge of Ancillary pipeline tools Nexus IQ, SonarQube, Hashicorp Vault, CheckMarx
• Working knowledge of the Atlassian Suite – Crowd, BitBucket, Jira, Confluence, HipChat
• Able to orchestrate the build and deployment of a container environment (Kubernetes/Docker)
• Able to design and implement centralised logging and monitoring solutions (ELK/Prometheus/Kibana)
• Strong hands on knowledge of Unix / Linux
• Expertise in scripting (Python, Bash)Dev Ops Tooling (Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
• Expertise in managing AWS, Azure, GCP usage within an enterprise.
• Experience designing and implementing large scale data centre, infrastructure and platform solutions.
• Expertise utilizing cloud technologies and driving innovation.
• Proven track record in vendor selection and contract / 3rd party management
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-113689