MasterCard DevOps Software Automation Engineer in London, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
DevOps Software Automation Engineer
VocaLink, a MasterCard company is a leading provider of Global Real Time payment platform which enables account based retail payments bill payments, B2B payments as well as P2P payments via real-time settlement or Batch settlement scheme; though existing card-retail payment acceptance as well as alternate e-com and m-com. The key markets are USA, UK and India and our customer base includes financial institutions and merchants.
We are looking for a DevOps Consultant to lead the DevOps transformation at MasterCard through our tooling and by being an advocate for change & standards throughout the development, quality, release, and product organizations. We need a Consultant with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation. Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a must.
• Provision process automation based on Chef and proven experience writing chef recipes/cookbooks as well as designing and implementing an overall Chef based release and deployment process on Azure based application.
• Support the application CI/CD pipeline for promoting software into higher environments through validation and operational gating, and lead MasterCard in DevOps automation and best practices.
• Design and implement a GIT based code management strategy that will support multiple environment deployments in parallel.
• Ensure regular monitoring of regular processes and day to day jobs execution for smooth running of all Enterprise IT applications
• Active participation in operations strategy &implementation driving quality and efficiency including best practices & metrics for system operations
• Enable successful DevOps (Agile Operations) by transition the code from Dev/ Test to Staging until Production.
• Create and maintain fully automated CI build processes for different technology used by our services
• Responsible for ensuring the vision and implementation of CI that effectively ensure project visibility, and report against delivery metrics.
• Ensure high quality of solutions, security, performance and operational requirements are met
• Identify opportunities for automation and architecture simplification
• Lead and execute effort to integration DevOps on the services that are using cloud platforms
• Improve DevOps environment / team with technical initiatives
• Ensure service quality using system monitoring tools and quality management
• Ensure high availability software using appropriate techniques such as release engineering, redundancy planning and independent deployment of loosely coupled components
• Partner with engineering team to optimize application architecture and ensure that the architecture and system documentation are platform-agnostic
• Manage matching of capacity and demand for the platform and identify new infrastructure needed to plan appropriate redundancy for future growth.
• Ensure high availability and responsiveness of live service by measuring and monitoring uptime, latency and overall system health
• Build strong, collaborative relationships with the various teams such as Product, Architecture, Customer, Ops and Systems leadership to facilitate seamless product management
• Partner with Strategic Program Management team to provide SAFe-agile delivery processes.
All about you:
• Experience with virtual Networking (TCPIP, Virtual Machines, etc.) and Cloud Operations or Cloud Operating Systems (Open Stack, AWS, Azure, Google)
• Experience with Digital Technologies, Payments Industry and SAFe experience
• Experience with various data types and algorithms, release management and software design principles.
• Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
• Experience in monitoring tools like Splunk & Dynatrace.
• Understanding of PCI certification will be added advantage.
• Good working knowledge of information security and transfer protocols.
• Experience in developing Spring boot apps using distributed database technology
• Experience in Crypto Service & dynamic Certificate management
• Exposure towards industry standard CI/CD tools such as Git/Bitbucket, Jenkins, Maven, FlyWay, Ansible, NexusIQ and Docker.
• Exposure to MasterCard System will be added advantage
• Knowledge of Soap & REST API specifications
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-113689