MasterCard Data Science Operations Engineer in London, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Data Science Operations Engineer
We build products and services powered by payments data to find and stop financial crime. By combining data science technique with an intimate knowledge of payments data we develop solutions that will improve outcomes for people, businesses and economies. Headquartered in The City of London, and operating globally, we craft bespoke algorithms that help our clients gain an understanding of the underlying criminal behaviour that drives financial crime.
As a Data Science Operations team member you will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Financial Crime Solutions product portfolio, building automated systems to support the monitoring and operation of our services. You will work with a wider team of product owners, data scientists and technologists, designing systems that ensure the efficacy and efficiency of our products.
Reporting to the Director of Data Science Operations - Financial Crime Solutions, the Data Science Operations Senior Analyst will:
• Build automatic monitoring tools for data science based microservice deployments. Ensure that our models are continuing to detect financial crime as they should.
• Working with our Data Scientists collect data and train models to enhance our services’ accuracy and reduce unnecessary alerts.
• Working with our Engineers, seek to develop a self-healing and resilient set of microservices, promoting good operational principles during our research, design, and development phases.
• Engage with legacy and future technology stacks, in the UK and internationally.
• Develop Incident Management processes, automating as much as possible and integrating with Mastercard’s ticketing systems.
• Communicate with both internal stakeholders and collaborators, as well as our clients’ technical and business functions.
All About You
Your passion is in building robust, smooth running services to solve real, pressing problems in the financial services sector. You enjoy working in a team, and have an interest in data science and how advanced algorithms may be deployed as product offerings.
You are excited by new technology and new approaches to development, and are keen to promote their use in an enterprise setting. You are detail oriented, and don’t mind getting your head down writing or reviewing code. You are happy to be on-call, though you aim to contribute to Financial Crime Solutions’ software in such a way as to limit or even remove the need for anyone to be on-call.
• You have 2 or more years’ worth of demonstrable experience in software development, data science, devops, operations or a related discipline.
• You are comfortable communicating with a range of stakeholders, including subject matter experts, data scientists, software engineers and enterprise devops and security professionals.
• You are a confident software developer, and can write (or are happy to learn) Python and Go.
• Able to deploy containers onto a Kubernetes environment using helm charts.
• You have experience with, and are interested in, contemporary approaches to service design, including the use of containers and container orchestration technologies, streaming data platforms, APIs and in-memory/NoSQL stores.
• Ability to engage with best practices for code review, version control, and change control, balancing the need for a quality codebase with the unique and particular demands of early stage product design and delivery.
• You have an understanding of traditional data warehousing and can write SQL.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-140480