MasterCard Counsel, Privacy and Data Protection in London, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Counsel, Privacy and Data Protection
• Mastercard is committed to balancing innovation while protecting individual privacy and has embraced privacy and data protection as core to the successful execution of its business strategy. As part of that commitment Mastercard has established a world-class privacy programme and is currently adding talent to its global team.
• The Counsel will be responsible for ensuring that Mastercard’s Loyalty programmes and marketing campaigns comply with privacy and data-related laws in the Europe region, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)
• The role will work directly with the business to implement Privacy by Design in products and processes while enabling business innovation.
• The position will report to the Senior Managing Counsel – Privacy & Data Protection and will be a member of the Global Privacy & Data Protection team as well as a member of the European Law, Franchise & Integrity (LFI) team.
• The position is in London or Waterloo.
• The ideal candidate will have the ability to think and act both strategically and tactically with respect to the needs of business clients and their objectives while ensuring that the corporation remains compliant with privacy and data-related laws, as well as industry best practices.
• The Counsel must be abreast of innovative technologies related to ad tech and payments solutions.
• Support the Loyalty, Managed Services and Integrated Marketing teams to ensure compliance with privacy and data-related laws as well as Mastercard’s Privacy by Design Guidelines.
• Keep abreast of new digital advertising technologies and e-commerce products to be able to provide state-of-the-art privacy by design advice to the business on marketing and Loyalty solutions.
• Ensure appropriate documentation is in place in accordance with GDPR accountability requirements; conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments as needed.
• Draft appropriate privacy terms in accordance with Mastercard’s standards, review contracts and manage complex negotiations with customers, partners and vendors.
• Be involved in new privacy and data-related regulatory developments that may impact Mastercard's Loyalty and marketing solutions. Assist engagement with key policy makers and stakeholders to influence regulatory developments in those areas.
• Engage with the organisation on privacy and data-related matters, e.g. through employee training and raising employee awareness about relevant regulatory or industry developments.
• Provide regular trainings and updates about emerging digital advertising technologies to the Global Privacy and Data Protection Team and creative approaches to ensure privacy compliance.
• Actively participate in external speaking engagements on various privacy topics.
All About You
• Law degree required. Membership to a Bar (if permitted by law).
• Any additional qualifications (e.g. Master of Laws degree, CIPP/E) is considered an asset.
• Solid knowledge of global privacy laws, including GDPR and ePrivacy Directive.
• Knowledge of digital advertising is an asset.
• Familiarity with and interest in financial services industry and payment processing.
• Superior time management, planning, and organisational skills.
• Strong analytic capabilities and written and oral communication skills. Attention to detail is a must.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven experience in relationship building and partnering. Must work well in both team and individual settings, including across global jurisdictions.
• Ability to motivate and influence highly skilled professionals to achieve major organisational goals.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-118301