MasterCard Cloud Engineer (Data Science Team) in London, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Cloud Engineer (Data Science Team)
We are looking for two senior data scientists with an engineering background to help build and deliver products and services powered by payments data to find and stop financial crime. You’ll join an award winning team with a proven track record of combining data science technique with an intimate knowledge of payments data to aid Financial Institutions in their fight against money laundering and fraud. Headquartered in The City of London, we craft bespoke algorithms that help our clients gain an understanding of the underlying criminal behaviour that drives financial crime, empowering them to take action.
As part of the engineering team, your role will focus on working with the research team to create products from the algorithms and models created during PoCs that are ready to deploy and deliver to the customer. This will involve iterating existing products and designing and developing new ones. You’ll work as a part of a product focussed team including product managers, data scientists, developers and devops.
• Assist in task planning and review as part of a sprint based workflow.
• Take personal responsibility for creating and maintaining microservices.
• Write production ready code.
• Iterate design and build to solve bugs, improve performance and add new features.
• Write tests with high coverage including unit, contract, e2e and integration.
• Containerise your services and make ready for deployment onto a k8s environment using helm charts.
• Version control code with git and build, test and deploy using ci/cd pipelines.
• Build and test remotely on your own machine and deploy to cloud based platform.
• Review team members code, identifying errors and improving performance and readability.
All About You
First and foremost you enjoy building products to solve real, pressing problems for your clients. You enjoy working in a team, and have an interest in data science and how advanced algorithms may be deployed as product offerings.
You are excited by new technology and new approaches to development, and are keen to promote their use in an enterprise setting. You are detail oriented, and enjoy writing and reviewing code to a high standard with tests to prove it.
• Demonstrable ability to write Python/Golang and SQL in a production context. You are happy to learn new programming languages and frameworks as necessary.
• Experience with large volumes of data.
• You have experience with, and are interested in, contemporary approaches to service design, including the use of containers and container orchestration technologies, streaming data platforms, APIs and in-memory/NoSQL stores.
• You are comfortable working in a devops based software development workflow, including sprint planning, testing, and continuous integration. You are also happy to be evolve along with the development processes, and contribute to its development.
• You are comfortable communicating with a range of stakeholders, including subject matter experts, data scientists, software engineers and enterprise devops and security professionals.
• Ability to engage with best practices for code review, version control, and change control, balancing the need for a quality codebase with the unique and particular demands of early stage product research.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-132866