MasterCard Bid Manager in London, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
About The role:
The NPP Bid Management team manage complex, strategically important global bid opportunities for the New Payments Platform division of Mastercard. Building winning bid strategies, leading diverse cross functional teams and ensuring production of high quality bid documentation through the consistent application of best-practice bid management techniques, process control and people management skills. Minimising business risk, whilst maximising sales potential.
We are interested in candidates who have proven Bid Manager experience. This is a great opportunity for someone with the right acumen to develop their career in Bid Management. We will consider applicants with transferrable skills.
• Early, proactive engagement with global sales teams including qualification; pre bid workshop / presentation management.
• Facilitating strategic thinking; value propositions, customer win themes and their inclusion throughout a proposal.
• Project management; Bid team assembly, priority management, work allocation and team leadership.
• Planning and ensuring adherence to the timelines; meeting customer deadlines at all times.
• Proposal production; creating bid structures, templates/story-boarding, contributor awareness, allocating responsibilities, instructing, reviewing, feeding–back and editing as appropriate.
• Stakeholder management and maintaining bid team communication at all times.
• Risk management; tracking and logging risks, process adherence, governance/approvals, file management.
• Enabling high quality customer documentation; proof-reading and facilitating peer reviews, including coherence, tone, consistency and customer understanding.
• Post-bid Lessons Learnt collation, actioning and follow-up.
• Customer engagement; co-ordinating and contributing to customer follow-up, preparation for workshops and presentations (and participation where required), contract co-ordination.
• Motivating and encouraging a winning mentality amongst the bid team, throughout the bid life cycle.
• Contributing to the Bid Management team’s shared resources and initiatives, including content management database, service improvements, reporting and knowledge sharing.
All About You:
• Strong ability to manage virtual, cross functional teams, maintaining customer focus and ensuring best use of time. Tenacity.
• Highly organised and able to work effectively on multiple concurrent projects.
• Strong project management skills, including planning and ability to control moving priorities and change effectively.
• Ability to work with different stakeholders at all levels across the business, demonstrating credibility and competence at all times.
• Detailed understanding and practical experience of bid best practices (APMP preferred) is an advantage.
• Language skills are highly desirable but not mandatory.
• Strong communication skills, written and oral. The ability to competently construct and critique English text is essential.
• Experience of working closely with internationally based colleagues and customers an advantage.
• The ability to work under pressure and the disposition to work flexibly when needed.
• An eye for detail and a questioning/analytical mind-set.
• Good customer empathy and the ability to act with a client-first philosophy.
• Commercial acumen – ability to understand and articulate key sales messages, areas of strength and weakness, and support the deal team to better understand the customer’s demands.
• Proven bid management experience of complex, technology-based proposals, typically ranging between £20M and £200M, ideally across International markets, is an advantage.
• Experience within the payments technology industry an advantage.
• Experience with Content Management systems an advantage.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-132784