MasterCard Sr. Analyst, Data & Services Pricing Strategy in Lisbon, Portugal
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Sr. Analyst, Data & Services Pricing Strategy
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, test-and-learn business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services. While specializing in the payments industry, Mastercard Data & Services also works closely with major retailers, airlines, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond its network.
We are looking for passionate and talented professionals, who share our vision for data-driven solutions, to join us and take a leading role in shaping the growth of our team.
About the Role
The Data & Services Pricing team has four areas of focus:
• Enhancing the Pricing of Existing Products
• Creating New Pricing Constructs (e.g., pay-for-performance, sales through resellers)
• Supporting Pricing Excellence and Governance
• Pricing Analytics and Tracking
The Analyst, Data & Service Pricing role is responsible for supporting the VP and SVP of Pricing in activities within each of those four areas. Specifically, this role will:
• Manage the pipeline of upcoming pricing proposals requiring Pricing Committee approval and partner with Product Managers to complete all prerequisites
• Set up tracking systems to monitor the impacts of past pricing decisions, then regularly report on the effectiveness of those decisions
• Support Product and Segment teams to develop market-aligned and value-driven pricing strategies, through commercial engineering and model development
• Build and analyze datasets to identify trends in revenue and profitability, digging deep into insights on a per product and/or per region basis, then identify opportunities for pricing enhancements
• Gather data from across the organization for pricing model development and simulations as needed
• Contribute bundle pricing development across teams, by developing bundled pricing models
• Conduct desktop research to identify pricing practices in similar industries
• Build models to forecast the impacts of new pricing models
• Create clear and concise PowerPoint presentations for senior stakeholders to support the work of each of the four areas of focus
All About You
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following capabilities:
• Intellectual Curiosity: A desire to quickly learn about the various Data & Services lines of business and various ways in which client contracts are (or could be) structured
• Organization and Project Management: Break down projects into clear, detailed activities, then execute according to those plans
• Qualitative Analysis: Gather qualitative input from various stakeholders and use it to make recommendations on how to best price Mastercard solutions
• Quantitative Analysis: Develop accurate financial models and identify insights from those models which can drive effective decisions
• Understanding of how P&Ls work e.g. long term and short term cost drivers
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and effectively build trust-based relationships with partners across Mastercard
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Consulting and/or data analytics experience
Experience in business analytics, forecasting, reporting is preferred. Tableau and data analytics experience also preferred.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-160805