MasterCard Senior Managing Consultant, Advisors in Lisbon, Portugal
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Managing Consultant, Advisors
The Data & Services Advisors team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow with innovation at the core. With its unique and global payments expertise, deep understanding of customer needs and extensive experience in addressing complex challenges throughout the payments lifecycle, Mastercard Advisors has established a strong track record of successfully addressing the challenges and opportunities of its clients.
Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for Portugal’s Consulting Services Delivery. We bring end-to-end solutions and deep knowledge payment expertise for a diverse global customer base with a geographical local focus on our partners in Portugal and Europe.
We are looking for passionate and talented professionals, who share our vision for data-driven consulting, to join us and take a leading role in shaping the growth of our team.
Make an Impact as a Senior Managing Consultant
As a Senior Managing Consultant, you will be a Director and trusted client business advisor responsible for growing the Lisbon consulting hub delivery team. As a senior member of the Data & Services Advisors team, you will partner with the Business Development team to develop and pitch engagements that can leverage Mastercard data and consulting knowledge. You will lead engagement teams to best in class insights and project deliverables. Leading the work of the project the Delivery team, you will provide subject matter and industry expertise, be a resource to others to identify creative and efficient solutions, and guide the team to business-focused solutions and recommendations that drive client value. Responsibilities within project management will include owning mid- to senior-level client relationships and proactively engaging in the client agenda, internal culture, and relationship risks.
You will mentor and coach junior teammates in your projects and engender effective contribution to Mastercard’s knowledge management. At Mastercard, you are expected to not only have a tremendous impact in transforming our clients but also have a leading role in shaping the organization’s future.
Bring your Passion and Expertise
We recruit for and value the following core competencies:
Passion: Actively seeks responsibility and has a passion to build and guide teams as well as taking pride in guiding project teams towards delivering the highest quality results and recommendations to our clients.
•Subject Matter Expertise: Local go-to person for specialist sales support and product development/refinement as needed, and focused on knowledge sharing and development of team members regionally and globally
• Problem Solving: Leads teams to identify the most critical aspects of a problem, and guides the team to business-focused solutions and recommendations that drive client value. Initiates changes to project direction where required, and able to decide and act without the total picture.
• Analytic Excellence: Demonstrates a strong aptitude for structured problem solving and quantitative skills, and leads team to effective and efficient technical capability usage regardless of context.
• Project Management: Clear interest in project delivery with business clients, and intuition for the way that companies make decisions and how digital helps address clients’ problems.
• Client Management: Inspire client confidence through client recognition of specialization, timely and reliable execution, and develop stakeholder management plans to align priorities and address support and resistance.
• Communication and Presence: Leads composition of complete deliverables and other written communication, and demonstrates an ability to communicate verbally in a wide range of complex scenarios and up to senior management levels.
• Teamwork: Motivates medium size teams or key workstreams on large engagements to produce superior quality deliverables while creating an open collaboration environment for all levels, with a will to win attitude. As the subject matter expert on project teams, provide on-the-job training on how to more effectively execute digital projects.
• Commercial Orientation: Ability to identify strong opportunities to leverage digital, including identification of cross-selling opportunities beyond direct project work, and partner with broader Data & Services teammates on contracting activities, leveraging the knowledge of Data & Services capabilities and how they fit together to create relevant solutions for clients.
• Leadership: Instill a sense of urgency, ownership, and empowerment and thoughtful risk-taking into leaders at all levels. Structures work so it aligns with team members’ goals and motivators.
• Integrity: Models Mastercard's values of honesty and integrity. Follows through on commitments and makes others do the same.
All About You
• Consulting experience at a top-rated firm or equivalent business management experience and/or internal consulting experience in a major financial institution
• Advanced degree or MBA preferred
• Professional level English and Portuguese with additional languages considered a bonus
• Strong analytical, interpretive and problem-solving skills, including the proven ability to interpret large amounts of data, some of it ambiguous, and translate it into a concise rational output that includes recommendations based upon core findings.
• Strong presence & communication skills – both interpersonal & written
• Excellent client management & engagement management skills
• Proven team player with proven ability to work with all levels in a highly intellectual, collaborative, and fast-paced environment
• Affinity with Digital transformation, innovation and real payment data
Key Words: Engagement Manager, Director, Senior Manager, Strategy Manager
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-104693