MasterCard Lead, Acceptance Partner Solution Engineering in Lisbon, Portugal
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead, Acceptance Partner Solution Engineering
This exciting opportunity is with Mastercard Global Acceptance team and focuses on making Mastercard the best way to pay, by raising the bar of consumer experience at the point of initiation (POI).
This critical role sits at an intersection of customer, product innovation and engineering, and provides incredible opportunity for learning, organization visibility and career growth. Every day, you will be solving real world challenges and utilizing your product and engineering skills to design the best in class scalable solutions with the customers.
This role is responsible for leading the partner (PSP/ISV) and key merchant engagement plan to scale Click to Pay, Tokenization and other acceptance solutions in different regions. The Acceptance Partner Product Manager will work with the global product, regional sales and delivery teams to ensure the organization successfully executes on the plan.
• Develop strong consumer experiences and solution design to scale Click to Pay and Tokenization solutions through partners in different regions
• Identify and drive the successful implementation of key reference customers (PSP/ISV and merchants) to provide proof points in Europe and other regions
• Be the voice of the customer to incorporate customer feedback in the product design and help inform global product roadmap
• Provide specialist support to the sales teams in pre and after sale partner/merchant meetings with detailed technical understanding of product features to identify and implement solutions
• Lead technical discovery and solution development workshops with the customers and design best in class consumer experiences and scalable technical solutions that delivers on the business goals
• Provide expert level product/technical implementation support to customers implementing the solutions
• Communicate situationally with technically literate and non-literate stakeholders to build and implement new features as required
• Provide local support and training to Customer Delivery teams (and customers where required) on the product and best practices in implementation.
• Liaise with the support organization to ensure key customer operational and support issues are managed effectively and the sales teams are adequately briefed on any issues
• Build regional and global data analytics dashboards to measure acceptance solutions key performance indicators (i.e conversion rates)
All about YOU
• Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or similar B.S. degree from an accredited college/university
• Professional experience in a client facing consulting, product management or technical support role
• Payment Industry experience:
o Strong credit card payments experience (card not present and card present)
o Understanding of card scheme rules for associations
o Understanding of operation of payment instrument types beyond credit desirable
• Experience supporting teams integrating API or similar web-based technologies into existing systems
• High attention to details, adaptable, executes with a sense of urgency and strong planning and organisational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; is able to explain technical topics in simple terms; is able to think quickly and react to client-impacting situations
• Self-motivated and able to complete tasks with limited direction
• Willingness to work in a hands-on, multifaceted role, in a continuously evolving environment
• Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills
• Focused on continuous improvement both personally and professionally
• Experience with Windows/Linux/Web server configuration a plus.
• Experience designing UX for digital solutions
• Experience in a major PSP would be desirable
• Ability to travel
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-145156