MasterCard Consultant, Program Management in Lisbon, Portugal
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Consultant, Program Management
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets, project and program management capabilities and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights, recommendations and transformational project and programs. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include consulting, project and program management, loyalty and marketing programs, test-and-learn business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services. While specializing in the payments industry, Mastercard Data & Services also works closely with major retailers, airlines, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond its network.
Make an Impact as an Associate Managing Consultant, Advisors Strategic Project and Program Management
Advisors Strategic Project and Program Management is an execution-oriented client facing role that applies proven, accredited project and program management knowledge, change skills and domain experience to partner with clients and help them drive measurable value by:
• Implementing new products and strategies to market smoothly and efficiently
• Successfully deploying (complex) technology assets and delivering challenging transformation programs to create the new business, as usual, being the change agent
• Strengthening client’s internal skills, knowledge and experience in critical areas
• Transforming client processes and optimizing their management practices
As an Associate Managing Consultant, you will manage multiple projects within a client portfolio providing efficient and effective coordination of a complex range of activities. Clearly defining project team and stakeholder roles and responsibilities that are aligned with the delivery of the expected benefits. You will also ensure effective identification of risks and proactive solutions to mitigate risks and impact on timelines.
All About You
• Experience in delivery of, complex projects / programs of diverse size in a cross-functional, multicultural environment
• Formally trained in a range of project management and change management methodologies and techniques; accredited in one or more recognized Project and/or Program management. Knowledge of Change/Service management methodologies is an advantage
• Able to plan and manage a multi-workstream project or program from inception to delivery providing support, direction and expertise to the project team across multiple disciplines and geographies
• Develop a strong presence in the client organization extending beyond the immediate boundaries of the project
• Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills. Able to define scope, timelines and budgets in a clear, concise language in writing and verbally. Able to report on issues, risks, progress, timelines etc. accurately and summarize effectively offering analysis, options and credible solutions
• Able to handle multiple priorities, work independently, think laterally and manage multiple issues under the pressure of conflicting constraints and limited resources. Perform and articulate cost / benefit / risk analysis
• Able to lead, motivate and develop a team of professionals
• All About Your Education & Skills
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification. Advanced degree or MBA preferred
• Professional accreditation such as Project Management Professional (PMP) or Prince 2 practitioner desirable
• Fluent in Dutch and English required, other languages desirable
• Exposure specifically in payments and / or retail banking or merchants desirable
• Comfortable with significant client interaction and interest in building relationships
• Advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required, knowledge of Project Management tools preferred
• Willingness to travel
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-148285