MasterCard Consultant, Delivery, Data & Services in Lisbon, Portugal
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Consultant, Delivery, Data & Services
Consultant, Delivery, Data & Services
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, test-and-learn business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services. While specializing in the payments industry, Mastercard Data & Services also works closely with major retailers, airlines, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond its network.
We are looking for passionate and talented professionals, who share our vision for data-driven consulting, to join our Test & Learn® team and take a leading role in shaping the growth of our team.
You can learn more about Test & Learn® here: https://www.mastercardservices.com/en/solutions/test-learn
Make an Impact as Consultant
• Work on small teams to solve our clients' most challenging strategic problems through data-driven solutions.
• Apply a range of quantitative and qualitative analytical techniques to rigorously identify client issues and synthesize the analysis into clear, sound recommendations.
• Organize and structure project plans to meet deliverables at budget.
• Extract intellectual capital from engagement work and actively develop and share tools, methods and best practices across projects.
• Collaborate with motivated peers who are passionate about what they do.
• Mentor junior teammates on analytical and technical skill sets.
• Build strong relationships with manager level clients and internal stakeholders to guide impactful decisions.
• Grow your career by receiving hands-on mentorship from an experienced management team.
• Have an immediate opportunity for meaningful contributions, increased responsibility, leadership roles, and professional advancement.
• Collaborate with colleagues across different areas of the organization and quickly gain exposure to business development, account management, and product management.
• Receive extensive training focusing on helping you build your core consulting skill set.
Bring your Passion and Expertise
We recruit for and value the following core competencies:
• Passion: Actively seeks responsibility and takes pride in delivering the highest quality results and recommendations to our clients.
• Analytic Excellence: Demonstrates a strong aptitude for structured problem solving and quantitative skills.
• Project Management: Clear interest in project delivery with business clients, and intuition for the way that companies make decisions.
• Communication and Presence: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in client-facing situations, positioning Mastercard’s solutions as high value solutions in sales and delivery conversations.
• Teamwork: Willingness to work within small teams to produce outstanding deliverables, with a will to win attitude.
• Integrity: Commitment to Mastercard's values of honesty and integrity with a willingness to embrace and learn from our mistakes.
• Diverse Perspective: Brings a unique skillset or approach to the table in every client engagement or internal activity.
• All About You
• Demonstrable consulting skills or equivalent business management experience and internal consulting experience in a major financial institution
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification. Advanced degree or MBA preferred
• Strong presence & communication skills. Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s).
• Strong analytical, interpretive and problem-solving skills, including the proven ability to interpret large amounts of data, some of it ambiguous, and translate it into concise rational output that includes recommendations based upon core findings.
• Proven team player with proven ability to work with all levels in a highly intellectual, collaborative, and fast paced environment
• Experience using data analysis or querying tools such as SQL, SAS, Excel or Tableau.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of which they are applying for a position in, as well as eligible to apply for travel visas as required by travel needs.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-121096