MasterCard Manager, Product Management in Lima, Peru
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Product Management
• Acts as a business owner and manages long-term and short-term strategic initiatives for a commercialized product
• Roles in this family oversee product evolution, establish go-to-market strategy, optimize products and resources, implement incremental improvements within the product’s life cycle, conduct ongoing care and maintenance, and manage P&L
• Take a data-driven approach to product enhancements, identifying opportunity areas and contributing to the Product roadmap, prioritizing work to deliver against key areas of focus
• Understand Mastercard’s business model and take key financial or commercial factors into consideration to positively influence revenue delivery and cost efficiency
• Leverage the Studio framework to manage the delivery of ongoing innovation and enhancements to focus Products
• Deploy test & learn experimentation to ensure that the end user and customer experience is continuously optimized
• Incorporate and understanding of the broader payments ecosystem into ongoing product management (e.g. regulatory, legal, technology, competitive, technology environment etc.)
• Leverage working knowledge of Mastercard business, systems, products and customer requirements in making fact-based business and product decisions
• Take accountability for the delivery of key product enhancements and partner with Guild members to deliver (e.g. CX&D, Product Management – Technical)
• Understand the Software Development Lifecycle and surface any barriers or obstacles to deliver capabilities on time and budget. Proactively communicate situation and proposed solutions to senior management
• Leverage data & dashboards to quickly identify Product performance challenges, making recommendations on proposed action plans
• Participate in cross-functional teams (e.g. Product, Product Management-Technical, CX&D) in the development of business requirements to achieve Product objectives
• Actively partner with the Guilds to create best practices within the Program with a focus on driving continuous improvement in the Program’s operating model and make proposals to Program leadership on enhancement opportunities
• Drive institutionalized knowledge through the use of consistent product documentation (e.g., support documents) across the Studio framework
• Demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning by leveraging the learning & development curriculum to augment existing knowledge, skills and experiences
• Lead by example with hands-on approaches to demonstrate product management excellence and share best practices
• Demonstrate and drive Mastercard Way behaviours through their behaviour, (e.g. customer and stakeholder interactions)
All About You:
• Experience contributing data-driven product ideas that were accepted for development and/or enhancement by senior leaders
• Extensive experience working on product launches in multiple markets
• Experience independently developing and managing budgets for multiple Mastercard projects and products
• Understands and can explain the business context and the associated customer use cases
• Verbal and written communication is clear and concise
• Improve team processes that accelerate product development, delivery, drive innovation, lower costs, and improve quality
• Demonstrate an understanding of team performance and leadership bar and effectively apply it to hiring decisions
• Demonstrate experience as people manager with the ability to attract, recruit, and develop technical talent
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-140247