MasterCard Managing Consultant, Fraud Management & Authorization in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Managing Consultant, Fraud Management & Authorization
We are looking for passionate and talented professionals, who share our vision for data-driven consulting, to join us and take a leading role in shaping the growth of our team.
• Strong understanding of Card Authorizations functionalities/ systems and practices; develop strategies and insights for optimizing authorizations performance
• Understand & track fraud trends and fraud management best practices in payment space; lead/guide in performing benchmarking and capabilities assessment
• Coordinate, lead fraud/risk consultants with guidance on analytics and insights • Build sophisticated fraud identification models/Fraud Rules
• Work closely with fraud teams & support them to come up with effective techniques that can help identify and assess risks undertaken
• Align with the necessary stakeholders while arriving at a strategy, with a keen insight on possible solutions to potential blockers and bottlenecks w.r.t fraud management
• Develop a deep understanding of core products and technologies within MasterCard Auth and fraud ecosystem
• Owning & providing Auth and fraud analytical & consulting support to an entire product / business vertical of the company
• Work closely with cross functional teams on critical projects and independently develop solutions while leveraging the data driven insights to shape immediate product strategy in fraud Management
• Drive end-to-end business problems; from metric definitions to working with large, complex data sets to solve day to day evolving business problems and optimize run time to bring quicker & effective results
▪ Degree/Advanced degree in Business/Economics/ Statistics/ Mathematics/ Finance;
▪ Good exposure specifically in payments and / or retail banking or merchants preferred
▪ Strong skills Fraud Management, Fraud Rules Modelling - 6 or more years related statistical modelling, quantitative, analytical, work; 2 or more years of managerial experience
▪ Knowledge of statistical techniques (predictive modelling, logistic regression, decision trees, data mining methods),
▪ Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills and ability to structure analyses to form data-driven solutions to ambiguous client challenges
▪ Knowledge of Python, Advanced SQL or other major statistical packages
▪ Willingness to learn other statistical applications or software as needed
▪ Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s)
▪ Demonstrated ability to build trust-based relationships with both junior and senior level client contacts
▪ Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-171715