MasterCard Managing Consultant, Analytics, Green belt, AP in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Managing Consultant, Analytics, Green belt, AP
Job Description Summary
Managing Consultant, Analytics Subject Matter Expert (SME), Advisors Delivery, Data & Services
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, test-and-learn business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services. While specializing in the payments industry, Mastercard Data & Services also works closely with major retailers, airlines, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond its network.
We are looking for passionate and talented professionals, who share our vision for data-driven consulting, to join us and take a leading role in shaping the growth of our team.
Make an Impact as a Managing Consultant and Analytics Subject Matter Expert
As a Managing Consultant and analytics subject matter expert, you will be a trusted client business advisor, and scope, lead, and advise on analytics client engagements. As the subject matter expert, you will partner with the Business Development team to develop and pitch engagements that can leverage Mastercard data and consulting knowledge in analytics. You will also be resource for enabling centralized training and knowledge management in analytics, and will lead engagement teams to best in class insights and project deliverables.
Leading the work of the project delivery team, you will provide subject matter expertise, be a resource to others to identify creative and efficient solutions and guide the team to business-focused recommendations that drive client value. Responsibilities as the engagement leader will include owning and cultivating mid- to senior-level client relationships, while proactively engaging with the client agenda and internal culture to manage relationship risks.
You will coach junior teammates in project teams and engender effective contribution to Mastercard’s knowledge management initiatives and best practices within analytics. At Mastercard, you are expected to have a tremendous impact in transforming our clients’ businesses, while also taking a role in shaping the organization’s future.
Bring your Passion and Expertise
We recruit for and value the following core competencies:
• Passion: Actively seeks responsibility and takes pride in guiding project teams towards delivering the highest quality results and recommendations to our clients.
• Subject Matter Expertise: Regional go-to person for analytics, assisting with specialist sales support and product development/refinement as needed, and focused on knowledge sharing and development of team members.
• Problem Solving: Able to identify the most critical aspects of a problem, and guides team to business-focused solutions and recommendations that drive client value.
• Analytic Excellence: Demonstrates a strong aptitude for structured problem solving and opportunity identification by leveraging qualitative and quantitative skills.
o Demonstrates analytical ability in all disciplines (business intelligence, descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics)
o Proven track record in creating and managing delivery of analytical solutions with different languages (e.g., SQL, Python, R and using techniques such as unsupervised and supervised learning, machine learning an Artificial Intelligence).
• Project Management: Experience in project delivery with business clients, and intuition for the way that companies make decisions and how analytics helps address clients’ problems.
• Client Management: Inspires client confidence through client recognition of specialization, timely and reliable execution, and develop stakeholder management plans to align priorities and address support and resistance.
• Communication and Presence: Leads composition of complete deliverables and other written communication. Demonstrates an ability to communicate verbally in a wide range of complex scenarios, up to senior management levels.
• Teamwork: Motivates medium size teams or key workstreams on large engagements to produce superior quality deliverables while creating an open collaboration environment for all levels, with a will to win attitude. As the subject matter expert on project teams, provide on-the-job training on how to more effectively execute analytics projects.
• Commercial Orientation: Ability to identify strong opportunities to leverage analytics, including identification of cross-sell opportunities beyond direct project work, and partner with broader Data & Services teammates on contracting activities, leveraging knowledge of Data & Services capabilities and how they fit together to create relevant solutions for clients.
• Innovation: Demonstrated ability to generate ideas and support creation of analytical based products or solutions to advance the Mastercard product set.
• Integrity: Models Mastercard's values of honesty and integrity. Follows through on commitments and makes others do the same.
• Diverse Perspective: Brings a unique skillset or approach to the table in every client engagement or internal activity.
• Undergraduate or master’s degree in a mathematical discipline preferred
• Experience in analytical roles within a financial services organisation or consultancy, especially management of analytical projects
• Proven analytical language skills using data science tools of R, Python, Spark, SQL. Experience in a HADOOP distributed file system is a bonus
• Experience in a consulting organization as a consultant is a bonus
• Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills and ability to structure analyses to form data-driven solutions to ambiguous client challenges
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and in any other Asian language is a bonus
• Demonstrated ability to own and develop relationships with both mid- and executive-level client contacts and inspire confidence in Mastercard Advisors as a sought-after partner
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, and balance thought with action while getting the most out of limited resources
• Advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required, SQL / data expertise preferred
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-113541