MasterCard Manager, Product Management in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Product Management
Manager, Product Management SEA (Southeast Asia) Loyalty Solution
Who is Mastercard
What role do we play in the modern world? Are we an enabler of purchases or a facilitator for transactions? We play a much larger role in the world by enabling those that have no access to financial systems. We have the technology, people and brand to serve modern society. Today, we are a global tech company that connects everyone to endless possibilities, priceless possibilities.
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge technology and consulting services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Mastercard’s Loyalty & Engagement products and services are leveraged by merchants and financial services clients across the globe to maximize the value of their customer relationships.
Mastercard is a global powerhouse in customer loyalty with over 900 loyalty professionals globally operating hundreds of rewards programs for the world’s largest brands. Our Loyalty Solutions include innovative technologies such as SessionM, Mastercard Rewards Services, Personalized Card Linked Offers, Pay with Rewards, Promotions, and Benefits and Insurances. By bundling these solutions with Loyalty Consulting, Innovation Services, Test & Learn, and Managed Services we provide unparalleled end to end capabilities to customers across Financial Services, Retail, Consumer Goods, Grocery and Convenience, Travel & Hospitality and Telco segments.
Loyalty and Engagement places Mastercard in the heart of our customer’s consumer engagement strategies. Our vision is to become the partner of choice for Issuers and Merchants leveraging our wide range of solutions to drive profitable consumer engagement and Mastercard Preference.
The role is responsible for product and program management activities, overseeing program implementations as well as partnering with the country account team and D&S sales on business development opportunities.
The person will be driving execution of commercialized (global and regional) products as relevant; develop & commercialise localized product and service capabilities through local partnerships; provide knowledge of local market landscape, regulatory implications on growth, identify new business development opportunities and manage existing program.
The role reports to Division Lead (SEA) and manages multiple stakeholders across APAC region. The person will need to increase loyalty solution penetration, demonstrate creative commercialisation approach and shall be able to work independently. Can you demonstrate strategic thinking and how that applies to business objectives and business development activities? Do you have a proven track record in product management, go to market strategy and program management?
• Product Manager, Loyalty Solutions for the SEA is responsible for delivering financial results against set objectives for SEA division.
• Work closely with regional product team and external partner in development & execution of new LS product & platform launches relevant to SEA market and provide timely feedback for further enhancement of the product/solution.
• Work with divisional lead to build product GTM strategy, future roadmaps, commercialisation and cross-product integration leveraging market insights to differentiate from competitors.
• Demonstrate creative approach to build a unique proposition by packaging multiple loyalty solution assets at a competitive price point.
• Work with divisional lean in Identifying strategic and scalable partnership opportunities to develop new products/propositions and supported with a detailed business case to meet market demand and build a path for near future growth.
• Manage existing programs effectively ensuring timely renewal of program and growth of program with no or minimal disruption
• Regular engagement existing clients and share the program success along with recommendation and identify the opportunity to x-sell/upsell of addons or enhancement of program.
• Oversee new program implementation in project management fashion and work with regional product team, external partner and implementation team.
• Work with sales team as well as client to capture program implementation requirement and document them in BRD/SOW/ project request etc.
• Gather market level intel to understand the landscape, new development, and competitive environment.
• Acts as an expert, advocate and champion for designated products to internal and external stakeholders
• Partnering with the APAC regional Loyalty Solution team, SEA division (IMK, P&I) and D&S leads to execute loyalty product strategies to support services revenue growth
• Assist divisional loyalty solution lead in developing both short- and long-term strategic plan ensuring continuous growth and timely product enhancements.
All About You:
• Project and Product management experience and ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities/ initiatives in parallel.
• Has worked in or has had exposure to international matrix organizations managing multiple stakeholders at same time.
• Proven ability to build collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Attentive to details with an ability to influence sales as well as regional product team.
• Deep understanding of issuers and merchants loyalty needs, accordingly pro-actively address these needs with right solutions.
• Background in dealing with large clients in FI and Non-FI category and good knowledge of the payments and card industry.
• Individual contributor and able to function without a large infrastructure around him/her, yet still being able to leverage support from Regional and Global Office.
• Strong sense of ownership, to do attitude and accountability
• Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-179726