MasterCard 2022 Summer Internship - Mastercard Advisors in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
2022 Summer Internship - Mastercard Advisors
Mastercard Advisors is the professional consulting services arm of Mastercard, providing cutting-edge services to help customers grow. Advisors combines traditional management consulting with rich transactional data assets and in-house technology to provide clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations. With a unique transactional dataset and payment expertise, Advisors derive deep understanding on consumer needs (e.g. spend behaviour & preference, travel preference etc.) and addresses complex challenges throughout the payment lifecycle - from card activation & payments app, to authorization & fraud. While specializing in the payments industry, Advisors also works with clients across multiple industries, including financial institutions, major retailers, airlines, travel operators, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond the Mastercard network.
Centred on data-driven technologies and innovation, the projects that Advisors work on revolve around three main elements that complement each other to generate actionable insights for clients:
• Consulting Services: Traditional management consulting projects, focusing on developing strategic initiatives to solve business problems. Examples include customer value proposition development, debit segmentation, project management office, etc
• Analytics & Insights: Leveraging Mastercard data and proprietary algorithms (e.g. segmentation, personification, etc.) to address business challenges & generate insights to support consulting services
• Test & Learn: Using Mastercard’s in-house software, help clients analyse large amounts of data, enabling business leaders to conduct experiments to optimise decisions and implement business initiatives at scale. Examples include retail space planning, marketing campaign / promotion design, location selection for opening of new stores, etc
The Advisors office in Kuala Lumpur is set out to be a key Advisors hub in the APAC region, with staffing opportunities available on projects across the region. Travel might be required occasionally based on project needs.
As a Consultant, you will:
• Work in small teams to solve clients' most challenging strategic problems through data-driven solutions
• Apply a range of quantitative and qualitative analytical techniques to identify client issues and synthesize the analysis into clear, sound recommendations
• Build strong relationships with clients and internal stakeholders to guide impactful decisions
• Mentor junior teammates on analytical and technical skill sets
• Collaborate with colleagues across different areas of the organization and quickly gain exposure to business development, account management, and product management
• Grow your career by receiving hands-on mentorship from an experienced management team
• Receive extensive training focusing on helping you build your core consulting skill set
• Have an immediate opportunity for meaningful contributions, increased responsibility, leadership roles, and professional advancement
• Undergraduate or Master’s degree with some work experience in relevant fields (e.g. consulting/financial services/etc) after completing your degree
• Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
• Exceptional analytical, interpretive and problem-solving skills, including the proven ability to analyze large amounts of data and synthesize key findings and recommendations
• Excellent client management & engagement management skills, with ability to collaborate well across multiple communication channels
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English (Second language desirable)
• Ability to work with colleagues from all levels in a highly intellectual, fast-paced environment
• Experience using data analysis or querying tools such as SQL, SAS, Excel or Tableaus
Application end date: Thursday 30th September 2021
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-135454